Bireme scratch build

I am not sure how to do this...I will try to attached to photos of the Bireme with keel and frames assembled. You will notice one clamp, thats because the pattern is just a little small so I am adding 2 1/32 X 5/32 pieces to bring in flush. The plans are terrible and without much help I would be stuck. Framing the hull just isn't covered.IMG_20200914_093803658.jpgIMG_20200914_093803658.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_093816714.jpg
    IMG_20200914_093816714.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum... It looks like a good start! Continue posting updates, please! I'm new to the hobby and personally fascinated by galleys of all kinds, so you have my attention. I realized after some time here that even experienced builders enjoy learning from the techniques others use for their work, so all information about your progress is welcome. Cheers!

-Gregory

Many Thanks for starting your building log of your Bireme - Great!

Dear mrmoon5764
This seems like a promising start, I will continue to follow with great interest :) Thumbsup

Nice start - will follow with interest!

I've always had a soft spot for galleys. SWMBO (my wife) was an infant teacher and came home from school one day - 'Could you make me a working Bireme for school?' - I built one using balsa in about three days, with a simple mechanism to make the oars work. Off she went on the Monday with the boat, and came back that night with the widest grin on her face - ' The children thought it was wonderful, but when we were getting ready to go home, one of the boys burst into tears'
'Why was that?'
'He was so upset because he thought the little men inside were going to be left at the school overnight with nothing to eat!'

Forty years later the Bireme is still hanging from my workshop ceiling.

Keep up the good work!

Ted

I am not sure how to do this...I will try to attached to photos of the Bireme with keel and frames assembled. You will notice one clamp, thats because the pattern is just a little small so I am adding 2 1/32 X 5/32 pieces to bring in flush. The plans are terrible and without much help I would be stuck. Framing the hull just isn't covered.
Hallo @mrmoon5764
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special Day
Birthday-Cake
Are you still working on the Bireme? Would be great to see any update

Back