Bluenose 11

Hi, new to the group and started my first model, Bluenose 11 Artesania kit. I am unable to see any type of stand for the finished model and wonder if anyone else has built this kit and if so what did you do for a stand? Thanks

Welcome aboard SOS, Wakefield. Hopefully, someone with experience in building this kit model will respond sooner. But stand it something you may design yourself, or check the internet. There should be many of the variants out there.

Hello Hunter376, You can show your Bluenose 2 progress in the build log. Is it a kit or scratch build?

I am building the Bluenose 2 as well , the stand is included in the kit , I avoided the double planking on the Hull and preferred the Red Boot top , good luck happy building
Thanks for that. I looked at those pieces and they just seem too flimsy for the boat. I may build a more solid base. I like your idea re the Red Boot top. I think I might double plank as the first planking could be sanded to make a fairer hull. Have not got that far yet so will think about it as I move forward.

Thanks for that. I looked at those pieces and they just seem too flimsy for the boat. I may build a more solid base. I like your idea re the Red Boot top. I think I might double plank as the first planking could be sanded to make a fairer hull. Have not got that far yet so will think about it as I move forward.
I also avoid the timber strip on the waterline , the real one doesn’t have that , personally I use BECC decals both yellow and white for that purpose same for the draft marks

Attachments

• 4566AC75-6FE0-4821-9EA3-60955A63DEB2.jpeg
    4566AC75-6FE0-4821-9EA3-60955A63DEB2.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 13
I didn’t trust the templates provided to cut the Scupper holes , in a perfect world yes, just use your 1mm drill bit from the inside and use the spacer to protect the deck from the Dremel chuck , also prevent any damage to the stanchions , use a small flat file from the outside to open up the holes , the photo provided gives you an idea and result.

Attachments

• 3163614B-5FCA-4340-940A-BC332544719C.jpeg
    3163614B-5FCA-4340-940A-BC332544719C.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 20
Hi, new to the group and started my first model, Bluenose 11 Artesania kit. I am unable to see any type of stand for the finished model and wonder if anyone else has built this kit and if so what did you do for a stand? Thanks
Hallo @Wakefield
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Bluenose II going?

Hallo @Wakefield
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back