Bluenose Plank on Bulkhead

I meant to purchase the Yuanqing Plank On Frame Bluenose but I ended up receiving the Plank om Bulkhead version. In fact I received two kits and dhGate will not take them back so I am building one. It's a bit difficult because the instructions are in Chinese only. Fortunately the illustrations are excellent. I will be selling one kit when I finish the build. Has anyone else built this version? I'm including a picture of my progress thus far. it's not perfect but I'm new at this.IMG_0902 2.jpeg

I meant to purchase the Yuanqing Plank On Frame Bluenose but I ended up receiving the Plank om Bulkhead version. In fact I received two kits and dhGate will not take them back so I am building one. It's a bit difficult because the instructions are in Chinese only. Fortunately the illustrations are excellent. I will be selling one kit when I finish the build. Has anyone else built this version? I'm including a picture of my progress thus far. it's not perfect but I'm new at this.View attachment 441418
Hi Don. Nice to see that you started building your PoB Bluenose from YuanQing. It looks very nice and she is showing her beautiful lines.
For the Chinese instructions: try the app ‘Google Translate’. It recognizes Chinese characters. It gives sometimes a bit strange answers, but the overall tekst is understandable.
PS: I will ad your build-log to the BN-list.
Regards, Peter.

Last edited:
I meant to purchase the Yuanqing Plank On Frame Bluenose but I ended up receiving the Plank om Bulkhead version. In fact I received two kits and dhGate will not take them back so I am building one. It's a bit difficult because the instructions are in Chinese only. Fortunately the illustrations are excellent. I will be selling one kit when I finish the build. Has anyone else built this version? I'm including a picture of my progress thus far. it's not perfect but I'm new at this.View attachment 441418
Very nice

Back