Bonhomme Richard 1/48 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

by Freezed, you mean the sectional timbers are all Frozen in the CAD program or what? I was under the impression that all Frames should be decreasing in thickness as they move up the hull. Of course that really makes no difference in a model as long as it looks good. I looked at your La Belle videos and they are exceptional video in the build from start to finish. That show every aspect of the construction and is extremely educational and useful for new built up model makers. You should be a movie producer as well as a excellent boat builder. Thank you

Hi Balac,

thanks. I try to make my videos or photos like i would like to see if i need help. A Plank-On-frame-Building ist not the easiest sport.
With hull i mean the mainsurface. If you build a surface on CAD you have a lot of points. They have to fluid to get a harmonic shape. Its not
easy. Like the building in wood. You have as well to finde the shape but with other tools.
The inner surface make the same work because they are not identical. But here you need to have the thickness in the focus.

Back