I’ve been moving along with the build. I spent a lot of time and super glue on cutting and installing the planking. It was a little tricky bending the deck planks with a clothes iron. I cut some basswood for the cabin planking and installed it on an angle. Thanks John for the idea!
The build has been progressing nicely. I finished the wood with a wipe on polyurethane cut with a little turps. I’ve given it 4 coats and I’ll add a few more before I’m done. I finally figured out the radio control components after some trial and error. The servo motors, transmitter and receiver are all working properly. The steam engine arrived. The steam pipes were insulated with cord and enamel paint. The boiler was clad with mahogany planking. Next up is to give the steam engine a test run and make any mechanical adjustments.
I have had some setbacks with the build of the Borkum. I was unable to fill the gas tank with the propane/butane mixture. The factory finally switched out the valves on the gas tank and the gas canister. Now I am finally able to fire up the steam engine. The electronics are working just fine. As soon as the weather breaks in the Spring , I’m going to launch her at a local lake. Happy New Year to all and thanks to everyone who supported me on this project.