Boyer 1:48 - 17th Century Dutch Coastal water freighter

Very nice model, also these smaller vessels have a lot of charm. I bought the book recently and received it last week. I think I will build the fluyt Langewijk from the drawings in combination with the data of the Zeehaen.
I love the books of Ab Hoving, if you don t have it yet his Witsen book is also fantastic with a great set of drawings for Witsens pinas.
666781892.jpg

Very nice model, also these smaller vessels have a lot of charm. I bought the book recently and received it last week. I think I will build the fluyt Langewijk from the drawings in combination with the data of the Zeehaen.
I love the books of Ab Hoving, if you don t have it yet his Witsen book is also fantastic with a great set of drawings for Witsens pinas.
Thank you. I plan to do several others of that book (17th century Dutch merchant ships).
I have Witsen's English version andI have learned a lot from that book.
Shell-first is described in the following books, Witsen's, Ships of Abel Tasman and the 17th century Dutch merchant ships.
This gives me much information to attempt to build shell-first.

The Fluit, Zeehaen is not the only Fluit I will built. There are others.

Marcus

@Maarten Hello Maarten. Is this the book you are referring in the above post: Nicolaes Witsen and Shipbuilding in the Dutch Golden Age?

Yes I think thats what the english version is called. I do have the original Dutch vetsion.

For everybody interested - here is the book review with Look Inside photos

Back