Build Log for the infamous HMS Halcon

Hi, I have already agreed with the posts that this kit from China is less than ideal, but I purchased it now I will build it. I have made a start ribs attached to the keel deck on gunwales on, now it is time to start planking. My kit has 4 longer and narrower planks (one of these was marked but not laser cut) they seem to be the top 4 planks 2 each side, maybe? If any one has the same perhaps you could give me a bit of help, I have found the trusty hairdryer to be quite good when bending the soaked planks (it cuts down the wait time for drying). There are not any photos as yet i am waiting for my camera to come back, when it does I will post some pics. Hope someone can shed some light on the narrower planks. Thanks.

Hi, I have already agreed with the posts that this kit from China is less than ideal, but I purchased it now I will build it. I have made a start ribs attached to the keel deck on gunwales on, now it is time to start planking. My kit has 4 longer and narrower planks (one of these was marked but not laser cut) they seem to be the top 4 planks 2 each side, maybe? If any one has the same perhaps you could give me a bit of help, I have found the trusty hairdryer to be quite good when bending the soaked planks (it cuts down the wait time for drying). There are not any photos as yet i am waiting for my camera to come back, when it does I will post some pics. Hope someone can shed some light on the narrower planks. Thanks.
Hallo Murf,
be aware, that the old Halcon model produced in Eiurope was even worse quality

Hi, I no longer have a problem with the 4 slightly longer planks they fit along the gunwales. I am hoping my camera will be back very soon so I can post some pics, until then bye.

Back