Build Log: "Skipjack" by Midwest

Hallo @Danno71
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is the status of your Skipjack project? It would be nice to see your progress on this build ....
Thanks for the message. I will have to admit, I attempted 4 different sail/material builds and didn’t like any. I was too picky. I lost interest and started focusing on other things. I guess losing the bug is common.

Thanks for the message. I will have to admit, I attempted 4 different sail/material builds and didn’t like any. I was too picky. I lost interest and started focusing on other things. I guess losing the bug is common.
I hope that you will return to the sail material search as this nice little Skipjack is wanting to show her stuff. Rich

I'm a gluten for punishment often biting off more than I can chew. Not just in eating but model building as well. I have decided to build at the apprentice level (where I should be). Recently, I was rummaging a Antique/Flea market event and ran across an unopened "Skipjack" model. Nothing fancy but definitely a project to get the juices flowing again.

Nothing much to report with first few steps. Easy to remove pieces from sprue, minor blade work, a little touch up sanding and the haul takes form. I did spend some time mixing up acrylic was for the deck pieces. Measured 1/8" gaps and scored the wood three times with the blunt side of the exacto blade. Lightly sanded in the direct of the score marks with 500 grit SP then light brown acrylic paint applied with a paper towel.

Once again, It's good to be building again. Will return to the Connie project at some point.
Hallo @Danno71
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

To all,
Now that I'm retired I'm finding plenting of time and desire to work in the shop. I suffered the inevitable Heart problems that run in the family. Realization started in October of 2021. I had open heart surgery (bypass) in March of this year and medical technology has got the 'ticker' working well again. What a blessing! For Christmas my wife bought me the small Mamoli Blue Show. Directions/plans are questionable at best. Also purchased a small cross section model of the Victory. Very inexpensive and gives me the latitude to imbelish/Kit bash.
Shadow and Victory Kits.jpg
HOWEVER, I am going to finish the Skipjack. I will post progress. I promise.
Skipjack.jpg
Wishing the best of the New Year to all SOS crew!
Dan H

Back