Building OcCre's Montañes: Up to Rigging; Anyone Does this

All, It has been quite a while since I have been on this site. Good to see that it is still here. I just restarted working on the Montañes again. I am at the point of adding the rigging. I know I will run into some questions. Even with the wonderful documentation that comes with the model, I do remember--when I stopped--the documentation didn't necessarily match what I needed to do. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has completed the rigging on this ship. ThanksMontanes 6-6-20.jpg

Very nice work.I do not think we have a build log of Montanes on the forum.It may be useful to post a question to a specific area you are unsure of in the following section;
You will get advice then based on what the rigging should be like in that area and clear up any anomalies in the Occre instructions

Kind Regards

Nigel

Very nice work.I do not think we have a build log of Montanes on the forum.It may be useful to post a question to a specific area you are unsure of in the following section;
You will get advice then based on what the rigging should be like in that area and clear up any anomalies in the Occre instructions

Kind Regards

Nigel
Thanks Nigel. That is helpful. I will do that when I run into a problem

Looks like you have a good start on rigging, what specifically do you need info on?
Nothing yet. I know when I stopped working on the ship, I had run into some issues. But that was a while ago. Thanks for asking

All, It has been quite a while since I have been on this site. Good to see that it is still here. I just restarted working on the Montañes again. I am at the point of adding the rigging. I know I will run into some questions. Even with the wonderful documentation that comes with the model, I do remember--when I stopped--the documentation didn't necessarily match what I needed to do. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has completed the rigging on this ship. ThanksView attachment 155707
Seems, that you are one of the very early members of our forum - so I want to send you a warm welcome back on board.
Why not start a building log of your Montanes with the actual status of her now?
Here you can show regular the status and ask the questions necessary to lead you trough the rigging challenge ....... we all will try to help you

no idea but that's a nice looking build
hI
Thanks for the welcome back. I will think about that.
I build Montañes about 20 Years ago, as well as Ntra. Sra del Pilar. I still have the instruction manual in digital form. have about 500pictures, drawings, schema, etc. You are welcome to come back here or on my E-Mail address: peandersen@telefonica.net. I have here in the last days made -together with Done- some comment of Riggen, and the IMPORTANCE the sequence of making it. have built this type of ships about 40 Years. Last one Soleil Royal. Generally, I will say, Montañes has the same riggen (the Oriental one) which is different from the British Warship. mainly the lower mast. The rest is more an less the same as you change to another car. there may be some minor difference- gearbox- the rest more and less the same

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 18
This montanes might have some similarities w my Santisima Trinidad. Find the link in my signature.

This montanes might have some similarities w my Santisima Trinidad. Find the link in my signature.
Yes in one way. Montañes was 74 gunship from late 1700 beginning 1800. The main difference between the British 74 gunner and the Oriental ones- Denmark/ Norway-France and Spain -was ringing, mainly of the lower mast and Yards -apart from Guncarrige and the ringing of guns. I have built one British "the Victoria" and 5 of the Spanish 74 gunners known at the Trafalgar Battle and Norske Love and Holsten in the Battle in front of the Naval port Copenhagen 1801. Apart from this minor difference- many builders are mixing them up they are all rigged nearly the same.- pics are 1: montañes. 2 San Juan Nepusano 1998. 3 Victory - my 1Th. build of a big warship 1993-9525.jpgB S. Nepusano.jpgbarco1.jpg

hI

I build Montañes about 20 Years ago, as well as Ntra. Sra del Pilar. I still have the instruction manual in digital form. have about 500pictures, drawings, schema, etc. You are welcome to come back here or on my E-Mail address: peandersen@telefonica.net. I have here in the last days made -together with Done- some comment of Riggen, and the IMPORTANCE the sequence of making it. have built this type of ships about 40 Years. Last one Soleil Royal. Generally, I will say, Montañes has the same riggen (the Oriental one) which is different from the British Warship. mainly the lower mast. The rest is more an less the same as you change to another car. there may be some minor difference- gearbox- the rest more and less the same
Beautiful looking ships!

Beautiful looking ships!
Hi, morning from Spain. I build this Ship- Montañes - about 20 Years ago, and it was Donated to our Handyman Cancer sick 12 years boy. In General, it is a nice Kit, but with some Bad parts of Wood. The Keel is a thin plywood layer, then a corks lever, repeated with plywood.- 3 thin plywoods layer filled up with two cork layer. In my kit part of the Cork had dried out and missing-Sren and Bow pars as well- so I made new ones from OAK. The instruction is very Bad. Nearly nothing about making the hull in the correct way -garboard etc- and as all kits that II know on, it is built with the false keel and bulkhead first, then inserting the decks- closing to do anything inside later. Then the planning following the bulkheads making the famous triangle at the stern NUDE - this being in many cases solved with a 2Nd layer. Finally, the Keel, Sternpost and Bowpart are inserted. About the Riggen, it is nearly correct, except the top of the lower mast are trigger in the British way and not the oriental way. I have the hole instruction Book scanned and digitalised, but the 1:1 Drawings are lost

Okay, here I go. My first info gathering request: As I stated a couple of days ago which was my first posting of letting all of you know that I'm a beginner of scale model building. I could use a little info "help" on rigging my ship the Montanes from Occre. The rigging directions are to me a bit vague. My problem is that I don't have the experience to read them correctly. This is my dilemma, for example as I rig from mast horizontally too mast then down to the deck with the same line which is attached to the illustrated shown of the port side of the ship my question is, "what about the starboard side of the ship.

My thoughts, since it's not clearly explained what's going on with that side. It has the same rigging ties there as well So, what I'm doing is once I have installed what illustrated on the directions, I then equal the other side rigging ties. So, what I do is tie off a line coming from the horizontal mast too mast line and tie a line down to the decks equal rigging tie offs to create balance. So, think of the line going from mast to mast then from that mast that in the center of the ship and drop a rigging line down to the decks port side won't I need to do the same to the starboard side as well? this is what isn't on the illustrated instructions.

I'm trying to explain my issue without pictures to show you and hope you'll get what I'm trying to get across. So far, my pics aren't able to attach to this site. I'll eventually get it to display, but for right now I hope I'm explaining myself well.

If there's anyone out there who understands what I'm asking then, PLEASE help a beginer.

Respectfully

!moocha

Лучше пользоваться не инструкциями с набора, а справочниками. Например: Марквардт К.Х.

It is better to use reference books rather than instructions from the set. For example: Marquardt K.H.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI. I build this ship in late1980th. I have a lot of information, but you should have riggen instructions fairly well within the instructions comment with the kit. iIf not You can download it from the OcCre www.side
To start the Riggen the right way is VERY IMPORTANT.
1Th You start with the standing Riggen, starting with the Shrouds first _ on the lower mast -see my info under riggen. Once the Standing Riggen is done- which will take a minimum of about one year, Then you start making the Running Riggen, which differs if you want to make your model with or without sails.
below you will find some images. If you need help you are welkomm either here or over the private line

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (4).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (5).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (3).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (2).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (6).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (7).jpg

H-01-STANDING RIGGEN (8).jpg

All, It has been quite a while since I have been on this site. Good to see that it is still here. I just restarted working on the Montañes again. I am at the point of adding the rigging. I know I will run into some questions. Even with the wonderful documentation that comes with the model, I do remember--when I stopped--the documentation didn't necessarily match what I needed to do. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has completed the rigging on this ship. ThanksView attachment 155707
That is one beautiful build!

Back