Busted!

So there I was in my new shop in a new house unpacking things alone, my wife suddenly decided that she wanted to organize my things. I said to myself ok, I guess she
wants to see what I have for stuff. No big deal. WRONG!

Next, she then asked me the following question: "Is a boat kit expensive?" I should have known by now that she was formulating something in her lovely head that I love so much. "Formulating what? I thought. Maybe she is just impressed with my boats that I have now put on display in my shop. WRONG!

"Ok Marco", she said. Why do you think I asked you those questions?" I replied "I plea the fifth knowing full well that no such mechanism exists in Canada.

"Marco. How many unfinished kits do you have as she points to my now no longer secret stash."

YOUR TURN READER. What happens next?
INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE

LOL

"Is this really necessary?"
and you can imagine how women are looking, when they say something like this......

I am personally lucky in this:
My wife NEVER enter my workshop, absolutely not interested in modeling.
and she says - "you can buy what you want, when I can buy what I want" -> so our life is partly expensive :eek:
but you know:
The last shirt has no pocket

The last time my wife was grilling me about a kit I bought (One showed up at our door yesterday ROTF) I reminded her about all the purses, shoes, tops, bottoms, and dresses she never wears. A couple of thousand dollars sitting in a closet unused. So a $200 kit is not worth starting an argument about.

To be fair I do have a lot of unfinished projects...

" If you can afford all those items, then we can afford to ............." I will let you fill in the blank.

My situation is SABLE ( stash accumulated beyond life expectancy )ROTF

I have two solutions to my addiction, firstly my Wife does not read this forum.Secondly my stash is in the loft and she will not attempt to navigate the loft ladder;)

Kind Regards

Nigel

I guess I am one of the lucky one, she is not much interested in my WWI aircrafts or steel warships but really do like my Vanguard fishing boat and my figurines and has had some very good advises on certain aspects of my hobby. Such as the correct color combination on a large scale resin figurine and the best way to dye the sails. I have to admit that I am very frugal and most of my stash of plastic and resin kits were acquired awhile ago. Also some of the figures that I painted many years ago I am able to strip the paint (Simple Green HD) and repaint them. "It is like have four scoops of ice cream for the price of one".

Well when my Admiral asks, I say i have them "because there available now, and may not be available when I am ready to build or will cost a whole lot more"

She is good, and tells me I can spend what I want as longs as the bill are paid and food in the fridge.

And I don't ask what she spends all the time from her funds.

Kurt

what i hear a lot is "do it on your own time, you got orders to do"

because i am married to the boss who owns the lumberyard for model shipwrights

i buy what i need no worry there

it is about my space your space

Ev is a wood worker and does wood turning also a silver smith, photographer, a jeweler, gardner, wife, boss, resin casting,

i recently lost a loft in the barn because she needed more space.

so i have to build small

Ship+Thumb+branded.jpg

Back