Byrne's table saw...

Hello Gents!

Just ordered a Byrne's Table saw... eagerly awaiting the delivery notice.

Only need now a Byrne's planer in order to complete the power tool set... and maybe a band saw... and maybe... whatever we can think of next!

Will post pics as soon as it gets here.

Jorge

Jorge, can I ask you if you had problems when you ordered from Byrne's, I tried to order a drawingplate but got in trouble when I came to pay Pal, and then it stopped.
Another question - do you pay a lot of money on shipping and customs to Puerto Roco, for me it is double price for me here to Norway ?.

I have the Byrnes tablesaw with the extended tilting table, the Byrnes thicknesser and disc sander along with The Byrnes draw plate.

They are built to last a lifetime and its a great investment.

Jorge, can I ask you if you had problems when you ordered from Byrne's, I tried to order a drawingplate but got in trouble when I came to pay Pal, and then it stopped.
Another question - do you pay a lot of money on shipping and customs to Puerto Roco, for me it is double price for me here to Norway ?.

Hello! I did have an issue with the order form on their website, as my zipcode would not give the shipping price. But as soon as I contacted Donna over at Byrne's, all went VERY well.

Shipping to Puerto Rico, a US Territory in the Caribbean, was $96 USD; issue is the size of the box and weight (approx. 30 pounds).

Hope this helps!

Tnx Jorge, I could also want to buy the different tools the Byrnes can offer, but it will be too expensive for me since I have to pay over twice what they cost because of all the extra costs, but Proxxon is good they too, next will be Proxxon lathe.

Knut,
If you are to buy Proxxon tools, you will find the best prices with German companies (not directly Proxxon). Also the shipping would not cost too much for you from there.
Janos

Janos, the transport price is not the biggest problem for me, there are taxes to the state 25% on the price of the item,
therefore I can still buy it
from a dealer in norway, i have a friend in Norsk Modellklubb who is a Proxxon dealer.

Hi
With my Byrne's table saw, disc sander and thickness sander I had to pay about $190nz - $200nz for tax and postage, that is because I live in New Zealand.
But well worth the cost.

The only thing with the disc sander, it is hard to get the sanding disc off and on.

Denis.

Thanks Denis. The prices you indicate are something I can count on and compare with Norwegian rates.
This is an investment I want to make when I find one
suitcase full of money, hm !.

You can live without a Byrnes saw (or disc sander, or thickness sander), but if you’re serious about model building, especially from scratch, why would you want to?

Dave, the discussion started with that I should order drawingplate from Byrnes got into trouble in the orderingproses.
therefore I ordered it from another place, questions about prices for freight and customs are, because it seems that Norway has extremely high import costs.
I already have some proxxon tools and am happy with it, well the thicknessgrinder stopped working, so I soon get a new one in the mail,
covered by warranty agreement.
Eventually everyone who has Byrne's tool boasts a lot of it, so who wouldn't want such a wonderful tool.
For me, Bynes wants to be too expensive because of all the extra costs.
Tnx for the interest!.

Back