Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon Stunsail brackets

I'm referring to the Stunsail boom brackets. Part 274 is a strap which I presume wraps around the Yard, and 463 is a solid ring. How are they attached? Also, there are 2 castings, 463 and 476, (8 of each) one of which has 2 little protuberances. Which is which and are those protuberances in any way significant?

I would really appreciate any help I can get with this.
PS. this is my 3rd ship build, but the first with stunsails; usually I can work out what to do but not this time!

P1050267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20210925_180736.jpg
In your picture I have circled two perspective views of your items. The one on the left is 274 and 463. The one on the right corresponds to 281 and the part on the end of the upper yard which appears to be mistakenly labeled 463. These items are two metal hoops that held the stunsail boom which slid out to its full extent when the sail was set. They were light air sails and probably infrequently used.

274 should be a hoop with two tabs to attach it to the spar. 281 should be a hoop with a "L" shaped pin that will insert into the end of the spar.

HTH!

Ed

Last edited:
Be carefull with the while metal, make sure the spar is tapered enough to be slightly loose. if you force through either part is will easily break the part ( Past experience with CC white metal parts on old endeavour build). Also drill hole in spar before you taper ( Makes it easier).

I'm referring to the Stunsail boom brackets. Part 274 is a strap which I presume wraps around the Yard, and 463 is a solid ring. How are they attached? Also, there are 2 castings, 463 and 476, (8 of each) one of which has 2 little protuberances. Which is which and are those protuberances in any way significant?

I would really appreciate any help I can get with this.
PS. this is my 3rd ship build, but the first with stunsails; usually I can work out what to do but not this time!
Hallo @Red Rumble
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back