Szkutnik Carved Ship Decorations - made by SZKUTNIK

agree, for an example a kit of Brunels SS Great Britain now that would be a beauty of a model

What if I said there "might" be a new kit in the works for a VERY interesting ship that has NEVER had a kit. In-fact, there have been very few scratch built models even though it is very famous. What if I said we had plans from the Smithsonian for such a ship?

Ahhhh... it's just a dreamer's rumor. Is it?

What if I said there "might" be a new kit in the works for a VERY interesting ship that has NEVER had a kit. In-fact, there have been very few scratch built models even though it is very famous. What if I said we had plans from the Smithsonian for such a ship?

I am IN!!!!

A regular customer of mine scratch built one from pictures and considering it was nicely done however it was definitely lacking.

Ahoy!
Nigel - photo etching in brass..... it is no problem. We are planning products from photo etched metal: various kinds of gunport hinges, metal parts for carriages, metal parts for masts and yards and others.
If necessary we can try to design and make details from photo etched metal for a dedicated model.

Ahoy!
Nigel - photo etching in brass..... it is no problem. We are planning products from photo etched metal: various kinds of gunport hinges, metal parts for carriages, metal parts for masts and yards and others.
If necessary we can try to design and make details from photo etched metal for a dedicated model.

Excellent Kris
Looking at Saint Philippe's hinge shape which is not unlike that on the Tanneron Soleil Royal model,the fine end detail would be best mass produced by etching.

Kind Regards

Nigel

There is no question that these are outstanding results. On the one hand, I feel that actually making the ornaments, oneself, is enormously rewarding, and worth the time and challenge. There is something to be said for imbuing the model with your own hand and style. On the other hand, it is extremely time consuming, without even taking into consideration the care and time that faithfully executing the shipwrightery of the project. When one considers the profusion of ornament on a ship like the St. Philippe, this becomes an extremely valuable service, indeed. Great work!

Great great stuff . I noticed that you are all over the map when it comes to scale. I feel that 1/48 is the scale used mostly by advanced modelers and those will be your customers. I would love to see the dredge as a kit , something totally different and fresh.

AHOY!

mrshanks@, GlennRich@ - There are many interesting, less known sailing ships which deserve for the modeler kit.

Therefore we have a one proposal for Members of SOS. (If there will be interest from modelers)
We can try to design and perform the modeling kit (or semi-kit) of the sailing ship, which will be chosen by members of the forum SOS. Of course we will need to the designing very good plans for the chosen model. Model - special edition for the SOS forum. Such a small proposition.

HI GISEL, KRIS AND I HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING THE HARBOR DREDGE, I HAVE THE MONOGRAPH, IT IS THE FRENCH VERSION NO ENGLISH VERSION YET, BUT THE PLANS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO DO A MODEL, NOT PUSHING YET NEED TO GE ONE MORE BUILD DONE THEN CAN THINK SERIOSLY ABOUT IT I LOOK FORWARD TO DOING THIS AND WORKING WITH KRIS, HE IS JUST SUPERB, BRAVO KRIS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

I agree Ted, excellent stuff from SZKUTNIK .
Its amazing how development and changes in the quality of kits and construction can progress and improve with input from everyone concerned in SOS.

Without opening a can of worms maybe we have to keep an eye on and avoid copy write type issues with everyone's.'suggestions/inputs

Last edited:
Great, there has to be a Debbie downer as we say in every group. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything , and if a Gentleman in Poland feels like offering us some great model works we should be thankful . I do not see any conflict since nobody else is offering us such fine items. Why create a problem

Back