Cat o' one tail

As a physician, I had my reservations about whether oral antibiotics would work... Based on the picture you posted I would have thought IV antibiotics would have been my first choice for cellulitis... That's why I asked what kind of bug juice they gave you. I am glad it's better now and you got good care
Thanks for your interest. I have handed back the ineffective abx tablets but cannot find anything in my patient records to identify them
I wish you worked in the Dorchester A&E; I might be further recovered by now.

Thanks for your interest. I have handed back the ineffective abx tablets but cannot find anything in my patient records to identify them
I wish you worked in the Dorchester A&E; I might be further recovered by now.
If you have one still laying around... Take a Pic and maybe we could identify it
... But cellulitis like that almost always requires intravenous antibiotics in my experience.

When our cat recently died a neighbour's cat took over his patch. (every square foot of England is owned by a cat). When I tried to make friends with it the bugger bit me. 12 hours later I am in A&E (long wait!) to get given some antibiotic tablets. My swollen hand is useless for shipbuilding though I have just found that I can laboriously tie a ratline. Useful occupational therapy during recovery. I suppose it hides the unsightly veins on the back of my paws.
View attachment 457842
Hope you’re feeling better by now! Typical me, late to the party.Was the infection ever identified? As a child I had cat scratch fever (it’s not just a song title ) but I recall my Popeye-esque swollen arm had diminished greatly a day after being given that god-awful banana flavoured penicillin cure-all.

Let us at least admire the usefulness of feline crew members throughout history in controlling rodent populations on many a ship.

My cat pees on the laundry in my travel bag the night before I have to make a work trip out of the State for a week. This is the third time now! :mad:
so you will not forget her - The cat I had 15 years ago did it in the same way...... CATs are special

Back