Cherry

Great looking cherry, Knut. Here in the US we’d grade it “select and better”. Choice stuff for furniture building. For model making you can often get by with less perfect wood (common) which has some knots and other imperfections. You don’t need the large clear boards to build models as you do for furniture. Cost is much cheaper.

Moxis, to adjust the plant sideways to the saw blade.

Dave, the same material as the frames in Blandford, I had too little material to cover the beams, not the right dimension.
Yes, now I am left with a lot of material, I can probably use it for something in other projects. price 23 USD, not so crazy price.
-

Moxis, to adjust the plant sideways to the saw blade.

Have you made it by yourself? Could you tell more about it, maybe with pictures, because I would like to make such a gadget too. I think you can adjust it with that handwheel like with micrometer?

Moxis, you probably have the same equipment on your saw, if it's a Proxxon FET.
Yellow screw is to lock the system to the rail, black wing nut, is to lock everything when you have set the width you want.
Alminium screw to adjust sideways.
20200501_121919.jpg20200501_122049.jpg20200501_122105.jpg20200501_122137.jpg

-

Thanks Knut, unfortunately I have the older version of the saw without those adjusting parts. This is why I am asking, I thought you made them by yourself. Very clever attachment, I wish I had it too.

Moxis, this is why I didn't buy the cheaper model, just to say so, I check the setting / target,
Before I start sawing, the plant moves slightly as I tighten the black wing nut.
-

Back