• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Kit Review Cisne Negro (Black Swan), 1:75 by OcCre

The black Swan is a fictional choice to prevent Disney from pretending copyrights or legal issues, in reality the Cisne Nigro is just a modified version of the Black Pearl.
I found a link to information about model ships in the movie Black Swan.

I think Occre gets away with claiming that their model is from the 1942 film. :)

The question is how well the Black Swan is described in the 1931 novel *Black Swan*.
 
I found a link to information about model ships in the movie Black Swan.

I think Occre gets away with claiming that their model is from the 1942 film. :)

The question is how well the Black Swan is described in the 1931 novel *Black Swan*.
That’s a very interesting article highlighting the real artistry that went into cinema before studios could simply through gobs of computing power at CGI.
 
I have a question , in the Occre kit there are several repetitions for planks of sycomore that have different codes according to where they need to go , why that distinction and why not list alltogether? they are just the same .

also since I have created for my ship also underdecks and inner rooms I suppose the provided planks will not be enough for me so I bought some new ones but are of betulla or tilia wood , I guess are good the same? to me they looked same color so I thought ok andyway I didn't fuind Sycomore online.
as for the side colored wood , dont remember the name but the one used for second planking I will use the occre one , but since I also want to decore better the interiors and also the side walls of the structures like entrance etc, and I want them more dark than the original one but not painted, do you think that walnuts wood is good?

Finally , where can I see or how should I plank for side walls , internal walls and so on vertically or horizontally ?
Thankyou.
 
Back
Top