Clamps

clamps are always an issue so I just make my own with scrap wood, a rubber band and a screw. you can make the jaws as long as you want, by using bigger bolt or screw or dowel you can adjust the tension. i even went fancy and filed a grove in the wood where the screw goes by experimenting with placing the pivot point and the rubber band you can get just what you need.

c1.jpgc2.jpgc3.jpg

I have 8 of these WolfCraft needle nosed clamps and I love them. They have a deep throat, about 60 mm, and the clamping surface is small, allowing you to clamp small and delicate things. The best part: $1.50 US$ per clamp!
Where did you buy them Dave?

clamps are always an issue so I just make my own with scrap wood, a rubber band and a screw. you can make the jaws as long as you want, by using bigger bolt or screw or dowel you can adjust the tension. i even went fancy and filed a grove in the wood where the screw goes by experimenting with placing the pivot point and the rubber band you can get just what you need.

View attachment 90754View attachment 90755View attachment 90756
Great idea Dave! And using the screw prevents the pivot point from wandering as it would do if you used dowels for the pivot points..

Zoly: I have a Menard's store less than a mile from my home, so I bought them there. They do ship them (check the link in your post). Also try E Bay. If you're unsuccessful, PM me!
Dave The shipping from US to Canada is ridiculos ,these clamps are not even heavy or they are ripping off people with shipping charges,I was looking for the wolfcraft micro clamp too ,the small ones

Great idea Dave! And using the screw prevents the pivot point from wandering as it would do if you used dowels for the pivot points..

exactly dowels rolled that is why I cut a V in the wood but you cant adjust the clamping pressure a wood screw digs into the wood and holds where you put it

Zoly, IF I GOT YOU THE CLAMPS AS I AM GOING TO MENARDS NEXT SUNDAY IS THE SHIPPING COSTS STILL A PROBLEM, let me know. Don
Don,thank you very much,probably the shipping will be less if you mail them instead Menards.

ZOLY TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED AND I WILL GET THEM FOR YOU AND MIL THEM TO YOU, NO PROBLEM AT ALL, as you know I can no longer DRIVE HEALTH PROBLEMS HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE IN 5 1/2 YEARS SO MY SON-IN-LAW TAKES ME OUT EVERY 2 weeks to do what I need to do and we live in a small comunity about 30 miles SOUTH WEST OF WITCHIA, SO NEXT SUNDAY I WILL BE GOING TO MENARDS AND CAN GET YOU WHAT YOU NEED AND IF YOU SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS TO MY EMAIL WILL GLADLY SHIP T%HEM TO YOU. Don

Back