Clearly I missed this bit on day 1 :)

Hi there Stu here from Gloucester in the UK. Sorry I didn't post last week - went straight into the Build Log! Anyway I've just started a week or so back and enjoying myself immensely so far. Spent my life growing up in a Navy family and living in an old Victorian Dockyard in Simonstown, South Africa. Left school, joined the Navy and the Reserve for a few years and then moved to the UK where I've lived since 1999. Spent the first 20 years about a half hour north of Portsmouth and had the privilege of spending a lot of time on Victory over the years as well as wondering through the Historic Dockyard. Moved a bit North last year and I know live in Cheltenham.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys as the model progresses. I'm building an old Harvey Kit from AL and I've put a few bits up on the build log already. Thanks so much for the help already!

Cheers

Stu

Welcome aboard the SoS forums.

Take time to also look at the help topics on home page and many build logs.

If you are working on a specific ship now, do a search to see what others have posted in build logs.

If you want, click on your profile and look for tab that says location, you can post city or other info to help others know where you are from, never know who else is near you in the forums.

Many, many years ago, I built AL's Harvey as my first wooden ship model. It was horrendous! The errors were so egregious, that I never tried again until about 2014 when I came back to wooden ships. An example of my "handiwork"??? I installed the binnacle backwards, so the helmsman, manning the tiller, couldn't read or even see the compass. Bad. :D :D :D :D :D
Welcome!

Hallo Stu,
also a warm welcome from my side here on board of our forum.
Wish you good luck with the Harvey and a lot of fun building her, but also fun here in the forum.

Welcome aboard the SOS forum, Stu.! Glad you decided to join us. And thanks for coming back here to say "Hello".!!
Thanks too for starting your build log. Help is available should you need it. OR.. Feel free to offer help where you can.!! Lots of good folks around here. Lots of good ideas.!!
Again, welcome...

Hi there Stu here from Gloucester in the UK. Sorry I didn't post last week - went straight into the Build Log! Anyway I've just started a week or so back and enjoying myself immensely so far. Spent my life growing up in a Navy family and living in an old Victorian Dockyard in Simonstown, South Africa. Left school, joined the Navy and the Reserve for a few years and then moved to the UK where I've lived since 1999. Spent the first 20 years about a half hour north of Portsmouth and had the privilege of spending a lot of time on Victory over the years as well as wondering through the Historic Dockyard. Moved a bit North last year and I know live in Cheltenham.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys as the model progresses. I'm building an old Harvey Kit from AL and I've put a few bits up on the build log already. Thanks so much for the help already!

Cheers

Stu
hi stu
Welcome aboard. Ship-1

Back