Completed Canoe Builds

Here is one of my older canoe model. I do not have a larger image as it was recently sent to me by the person who originally purchased it. The model was built from pine with black walnut accents. I figure this one dates back to early 2000's. You will notice that there is not much difference with the recently built models.
128149694_971617140029820_4722931995720187404_n.jpg
127276709_419686086062834_8444796261465341673_n.jpg

And here is a black and white photo of 3 of the canoes I built for this project. The photo was taken at the local lake and the black and white conversion of the image gives it a different feel / atmosphere.

_DSC2830 a bw aa.jpg

G.

Here is one of my older canoe model. I do not have a larger image as it was recently sent to me by the person who originally purchased it. The model was built from pine with black walnut accents. I figure this one dates back to early 2000's. You will notice that there is not much difference with the recently built models.
View attachment 197162
View attachment 197163

And here is a black and white photo of 3 of the canoes I built for this project. The photo was taken at the local lake and the black and white conversion of the image gives it a different feel / atmosphere.

View attachment 197164

G.
Thank you for putting these ghosts of the past up for us to see. Somehow there seems to be more rocker in the gun'ls of the color photos but that may be an optical/lens illusion. Rich (Pt-2)

Thank you for putting these ghosts of the past up for us to see. Somehow there seems to be more rocker in the gun'ls of the color photos but that may be an optical/lens illusion. Rich (Pt-2)
Hi Rich,
It is an optical illusion as the upward curve at the gunwale is actually more gradual on canoes built earlier.
These days, on most models, I tend to include a more severe (shorter) up curve (same height at the ends) which give the canoe a slightly different profile.
G

Congratulations for finishing this fine exemplar - Very good work

Very beautiful model. Watching the b/w picture I am not sure if these are not the real things.
Always have been fascinated by wooden canoes, nearly bought one in a large outdoor store in the US during my wedding journey some 25 years ago. But the transport to Europe was too expensive.
I have two folding kayaks which are a lot of fun and make no storage problems.
I love the simple but very effective construction. The wooden frames are a piece of art.

Christian

Very beautiful model. Watching the b/w picture I am not sure if these are not the real things.
Always have been fascinated by wooden canoes, nearly bought one in a large outdoor store in the US during my wedding journey some 25 years ago. But the transport to Europe was too expensive.
I have two folding kayaks which are a lot of fun and make no storage problems.
I love the simple but very effective construction. The wooden frames are a piece of art.
Christian
Here is a short video showing a model canoe and a kayak built is the last couple of years.

G.

Back