Corel Flying Fish

Hello Tanguy
In the corel plans which I have the side holes are shown.
Many years ago ,the round bending of the apron raildeck I achieved by holding the woodpiece many times in steam of our teapot( with permission of my dear wife ofcourse) )and used a soldering iron paying attention not to burn the wood. Nowadays there are many tools and forms to bend the wood,but the basics is steam & heat and your hands (sometimes burned).You can also cut the rounded form out of a plain wood piece 2 -3 mm thickness.When I look at the already built models of FFish in the internet ,80% of them are not round edged but cornered.I prefer the rounded version.
I also attached the photos of the tender boat hanging details in order if you want to hang a dinghy at the stern.
It is my design (not given in corel plans)
Wish You All the Best by Your Modeling.;)

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

Merci beaucoup pour vos informations et photos, au fur et à mesure je transmettrai, moi aussi des photos !
Avez-vous d'autres projets, mois j'aime les bateaux non armés !
À bientôt
Tanguy

Thank you very much for your information and photos, I will send photos as I go too!
Do you have other projects, but I like unarmored boats!
See you soon
Tanguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tanguy
My next project after the Flying Fish is Dolphyn from Corel.I already have finished the hull now working on the details on the deck.After that Red Dragon (a chinese junk) (Artesania)is on the pipeline.My already finished models are Adler von Lübeck (Graupner) ,photos presented in the Gallery of SoS and Krabbe TÖN12 (Graubner) photos attached. Further I have the kits from Corel the Toulannaise and La Couronne which I have bought 25 years ago . During the pandemic lockdown I started modelship building again and enjoying it again,

Kind Regards

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

Started the Corel Flying Fish in March of 2019, built mostly during (3) South Carolina winters when the yard didn’t need any attention, I finally completed Corel’s Flying Fish...despite the outhouse quality plans and directions. This is my second build, the first being the Artesania Latina Swift Pilot boat. Next up the Occre Cala Esmeralda
Hallo @dsgoldman1
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working actual on a new project?

Uwek,
Many thanks! Yes I am working on the Occre Casa Esmeralda
Good to hear, that you are still building ship models !!!
Would be great if we could see the status of your project or maybe in a new building log? You could start with the actual status

Started the Corel Flying Fish in March of 2019, built mostly during (3) South Carolina winters when the yard didn’t need any attention, I finally completed Corel’s Flying Fish...despite the outhouse quality plans and directions. This is my second build, the first being the Artesania Latina Swift Pilot boat. Next up the Occre Cala Esmeralda.View attachment 295979View attachment 295980View attachment 295981View attachment 295982View attachment 295983View attachment 295984View attachment 295985View attachment 295986View attachment 295987View attachment 295988
Hallo @dsgoldman1
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back