• "Annual SOS Donation Drive Underway"
    Please consider making a Donation to SOS to support our growth and developement.
    https://www.paypal.me/DonateSOS
    Please check and read your email subject [Donations] from sosforums@shipsofscale.com for more details.

Corel Wasa

Dave Teel

This was my second build. I was in the hobby shop and saw a "Sale" tag on this kit. A lady had brought this kit in to sell, it belonged to her father who passed away before he could build it. I didn't realize at the time it was for experienced builders and for only $125.00 I couldn't pass it up.

Dave Teel

As I got farther into the build I decided I wanted to try my hand at treenails. I have over 2000 treenail on the decks and hull. I was not pleased with the rigging plans provided in the kit so I mailed off to the wasa museum and rigged her from plans sent.

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

As I got farther into the build I decided I wanted to try my hand at treenails. I have over 2000 treenail on the decks and hull. I was not pleased with the rigging plans provided in the kit so I mailed off to the wasa museum and rigged her from plans sent.
the treenailing looks realy good - not too much or too dark- only slightly difference to the colour of the planks - great Thumbs-Up
Also the rigging work is very good - I guess a lot of work and "some" hours were necessary - once more great Thumbs-UpThumbs-UpThumbs-Up

Dave Teel

Thanks for your kind words. I didn't have a Dremel tool yet and drilled all the treenail holes with a pin vice hand drill and yes it took a long while.

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Thanks for your kind words. I didn't have a Dremel tool yet and drilled all the treenail holes with a pin vice hand drill and yes it took a long while.
Hallo Dave, although I have several dremel and Proxxon machines I make most of my holes with a handdrill......much more accurate and the drills are not braking so fastly.....

Dave Teel

I have found that to be the case also. I have tried to exclusively to use a Dremel and have had many drill bitts broken off. I found that a small starter hole prior to using a Dremel tool has worked well. True I do have more control using a hand drill.

dj56

yes Dave, you have made a magnificent construction of it really clean and well finished
Greetings
dj56 (Willy)

Dave Teel

I was pleased that my Wasa build was selected for a December M S B journal cover picture.msbjournal-december-2010.png

Last edited: