Corona Virus???

Nigal hope you recover the best to you

here in my area cases went from 168 to 2,000+ within 3 weeks

wife and I for the first time went out to do food shopping, we had to we were getting very low on food in the house. both of us had masks and gloves on and I would wear a bio hazardous suit if I had one. I notice a majority of others in the store had nothing no mask no gloves. I believe this is the reason we went from 168 cases to over 2,000+ some people are not taking this seriously.

we are now stocked up for at least another month, if we have to go out again we will not go anywhere in Cuyahoga county it is a hot area for covid19 so the plan is to drive south for an hour way out in the country side where the population much smaller than the city and much less people in the grocery store. Actually going out in the Amish county they has isolated themselves for generations. The Covid19 count out there is very low if at all

Please, common sense and not bravado. In areas of low rates of infection the situation can change very rapidly and only after a delay of 2 or 3 weeks will a possible disaster become apparent. For the under 45's, risk appears small but they can infect unwittingly others at greater risk. Over 65 and others with even minor "risks" such as hypertension or overweight, its no joke and sustained isolation is certainly justified. Enclosed spaces, recycled air etc appear to be particularly dangerous. I continue working part time as a family doctor from home via phone and computer, Have not left the house for 5 weeks ( only 1 son shops for us) although by law I can walk 100 m in any direction with a mask. These are Draconian measures but our thankfully low mortality justifies this. Our unemployment rate has increased from 4% to over 25% and return to work for youngsters is urgent. BUT please, don't take risks. For the youngsters, be patient and worry on the essential, us oldies- isolation, for most, is an inconvenience but is better than adding to the mortality statistics. In any case, who will finish you current build if your EX.

My next door neighbour (73) was carted off in an ambulance on Good Friday. Found out yesterday he's tested Covid+!
Between his nephew and I we are caring for his dog. Neither of us want the dog at our homes, which means going in there to feed and water it and take it for a walk. Roulette or what? Watch this space.

Nigel, take care and I cross all fingers and toes, that you have a not critical Covid-infection - for appr. 95% of infected people it is "only" sickness, and you are one of these, I am sure.
Keep care and keep us informed.
BTW one question:
This means, that you are not in the official statistical figures of the UK included?
Than the real figures of infected people are much higher......

Thanks Guys

Yes Uwe,if they are more like me then the figures are wrong.Unless everyone with symptoms is tested,the figures are inaccurate.My personal experience backs this up.My biggest concern is that if it is not Covid 19 and possibly COPD or Industrial Asthma then I am not getting the treatment that I would be getting otherwise.
No real change to my symptoms other than I am coughing more.I still have not really had a fever.My breathing still remains restricted

Kind Regards

Nigel

Sad to report, John, my good friend and next door neighbour of 32 years succumbed to Covid19 yesterday morning.
It makes it clear how close the separation is between life and the void.
Be careful, be kind and share your love.

Sad to report, John, my good friend and next door neighbour of 32 years succumbed to Covid19 yesterday morning.
It makes it clear how close the separation is between life and the void.
Be careful, be kind and share your love.
Sad news - it reminds me, that the Pandemic is very close or we are completely inside.
Living in Austria (I am german, but live here since more than 10 years) we have the luck, that the number of new infections was going down very fast, because of the very fast and rigid shutdown here in this country (mid of March). Since several days we have per day less than 100 new infections.
Therefore in the meantime shops of less than 800 m2 reopened already, nevertheless we have to wear masks inside the shops. All other shops will be reopened beginning May, mid of may it is planned to open the gastronomy and step by step also the schools and kindergarden......
What I want to say to everybody around the globe:
Keep safe, but keep your head upright - there is or will be a sunshine at the horizon or light at the end of the tunnel

Just returned from shopping. I also got stuff for 82 year old Pam, across the road.
Her grand daughter, Zoe, works for Sally Army. She packs and distributes food hampers for the vulnerable. Pam's been sharing hers with me, but this week I got a hamper too. So I shared it with Lynn, next door.
Yes, you saw this coming........it turns out Zoe has the VIRUS! .........GREAT!

Also just cut my thumb with a knife. It's under me as I type and it stinks like a pork butchers.
Maybe I should have been called Tom.

I am regularly following the news and figures from all over the world ...... and our members are from all over the world ... therefore

I hope everybody from our community is still well
and
the the stock is filled with Spaghetti, toilet paper, wood-glue and timber! ;)

To all the friends here in SOS:

Keep Care,
Keep Distance
and

STAY HEALTHY

I am regularly following the news and figures from all over the world ...... and our members are from all over the world ... therefore

I hope everybody from our community is still well
and
the the stock is filled with Spaghetti, toilet paper, wood-glue and timber! ;)

To all the friends here in SOS:

Keep Care,
Keep Distance
and

STAY HEALTHY
Yesterday it was my sad honor to be attending my friend, Johns funeral. So far he has been the nearest to me to become a victim of Covid. As he was my next door neighbor, that's pretty close to home.
There were seven of us there, which made it all the more poignant. Outside the crem, there was a long line of hearses waiting their turn.
How graphic does it have to be.
Bless you all.

Yesterday it was my sad honor to be attending my friend, Johns funeral. So far he has been the nearest to me to become a victim of Covid. As he was my next door neighbor, that's pretty close to home.
There were seven of us there, which made it all the more poignant. Outside the crem, there was a long line of hearses waiting their turn.
How graphic does it have to be.
Bless you all.
Sorry to hear this, I am very sorry - Stay healthy

Back