Creating Baggy Wrinkles

Having a tough time finding anything online about how to create baggy wrinkles. I want to add this to my model and it seems to be one of those things that is overlooked. From the one tutorial I did find and giving it a go I can see why because it is extremely frustrating and overly time consuming to do. Yet I still would like to give this a go and if anyone has any tips or tricks on how to do this in a way that can be done in my lifetime I would be eternally grateful?

I don;t see this as really that time consuming as per doing anything else with rigging. The illustration on the site (I think can easily be made to scale). I might would take some small diameter yard so that it would be fluffy enough.

I did some research online,maybe you can try to use the fluffy side of the velcro wraped around a tooth pick or similar

Thanks guys, that is a great idea zoly99sask. That made me think of maybe trying pipe cleaners, although I am not sure they would scale up to what I need that does give me cause to think further outside the box.

Just to point out the link that Donnie gave is the method I was doing and for the number of these I need to make to get even close to something realistic is in fact very tedious and time consuming. Although so far the results are not coming out to bad and with some trial and error I ended up working with some very fuzzy type yarn that once placed I was able to fluff up to produce a fairly good effect. I still may have to go that route and the question here was really to see if there was a smarter way to accomplish this than what I was doing. Still anyone that has a thought or idea I would love to hear it...

In larger scale you could make your own with thin wire and some yarn strands and make a twist like the original were made.

More or less like a pipe cleaner is made.

Back