Cross-section of a 17th-century Pinas by Peter

Good morning Peter. Stunning work. I agree that drawing wood through a draw plate is the way to go with treenails. I wish I had done this. Cheers Grant

Thanx for the compliment Grant, and who knows, in a next build you can always try it, i have to say, it is a lot of work, but the looks is fantastic

it has been almost 3 weeks since the last update, so it is about time to show something.

I stained the crossection first, and this was the result

DSCN5455.jpg.JPGDSCN5456.jpg.JPG

I think that the sight of the treenails is quite good, and i like it.
After this, it was time to place the Maststep, the Beams and the Knees, i also placed the Carlings.
Except for the knees and the Maststep, everything is dry-fit, because i also want to place some iron bolts in the knees, the maststep, and the Keelson.
I don't know how i will do this, but i'll try something out on some spare wood, in the next updat i hope to show you some of it.

DSCN5489.jpg.jpg.JPG

DSCN5492.jpg.JPG

DSCN5493.jpg.JPG

And last, an overvieuw of the Deckbeams and the Carlings

DSCN5495.JPG

I'll see you all next time.

it has been almost 3 weeks since the last update, so it is about time to show something.

View attachment 443328View attachment 443329

After this, it was time to place the Maststep, the Beams and the Knees, i also placed the Carlings.
Except for the knees and the Maststep, everything is dry-fit, because i also want to place some iron bolts in the knees, the maststep, and the Keelson.
I don't know how i will do this, but i'll try something out on some spare wood, in the next updat i hope to show you some of it.

View attachment 443330

View attachment 443331

View attachment 443332

View attachment 443333

The staining and the outcome of the treenailing looks very nice, Peter.
The deck breams gives her body.
Regards, Peter

View attachment 443328View attachment 443329

View attachment 443330

View attachment 443331

View attachment 443332

View attachment 443333

Good afternoon Peter. Looking good!!! I also like the way your treenails have come out with the stain. The beams etc all fit really and ready to go. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Peter. Looking good!!! I also like the way your treenails have come out with the stain. The beams etc all fit really and ready to go. Cheers Grant
You completely nailed it Grant, i love the outcome of the treenails as well, and the fitting of the deckbeams and the knees etc, is spoton, just a bit of filddling with some sandpaper, and it is looking good.

Back