cutting mats

Only issue I have had was when I spilled some acetone on it and the wiped it up, the letting and lines when away in area of spill.

But that didn't effect the mat qualities at all.
I think that the cutting surface is more important than the lines as I am using mine. PT-2

'Mine was shipped to me rolled up. It took a month to get it to lay flat.'

No, no. That was a carpet; it should be on the floor.

Sometimes I worry about the liberal use of acetone by our American friends; do you not realize what a powerful carcinogen it is?

'Mine was shipped to me rolled up. It took a month to get it to lay flat.'

No, no. That was a carpet; it should be on the floor.

Sometimes I worry about the liberal use of acetone by our American friends; do you not realize what a powerful carcinogen it is?
Acetone. . . I thought it was a rock group Ace Tone which its own harmony with some things! PT-2

Another source for cutting mats of various sizes are sewing stores. My wife drags me off to Joann’s...while She gets her quilting supplies I am picking around for stuff I can use for modeling. I found several small size cutting mats that are really helpful (12 x 12 inches). They are not marketed as self healing as such but are tough and stand up to cutting blades well.

Please be careful when using any sharp tool. Minor cuts will indeed 'self heal'. Anything more severe; get urgent medical attention. Take care; you know it makes sense.

They are blade-savers. Get one. But don't use it for an all-purpose work surface or you'll goop it up with gobs of glue. Voice of experience speaking.

Another source for cutting mats of various sizes are sewing stores. My wife drags me off to Joann’s...while She gets her quilting supplies I am picking around for stuff I can use for modeling. I found several small size cutting mats that are really helpful (12 x 12 inches). They are not marketed as self healing as such but are tough and stand up to cutting blades well.
I have some of these mats and find them to hard and not self healing so they get kind of rough after a while but they are considerably less expensive and do protect the work surface just as well. In fact that is one in the photo.

Only issue I have had was when I spilled some acetone on it and the wiped it up, the letting and lines when away in area of spill.

But that didn't effect the mat qualities at all.
Yep! Tried to clean some glue off mine with acetone. Big mistake. I am now using the other side- which is marked in old money.
Just when I was getting my head round these funny little 'foreign' units.

Back