Cutty Sark 12 years labor. Originally the Sergal kit modified per Longridge and under hill

A very beautiful model of the Cutty Sark to say the least. I took a piece of cardboard and painted it light blue to stand behind a model for a picture one time. That works very well and showed off all the lines and other gear perfectly. Another thing you can do for background is take the model outside and picture it with a plain background behind it. Either way may be something to consider.

Two books. Longridges Cutty sark. Actually two volumes bound together. And Harold Underhill oceanngoing ships. Let me know if you can’t find them.

Well that's very interesting Dr. Lou. Astronomy is very interesting and the pictures we are getting now from deep space (how deep IS space?) show forms that I never would have guessed were possible. The biggest problem here in Florida is that the land is very flat for many miles and the ambient light at night is so great from surrounding cities that it's difficult at best to see the stars. Sometimes after a hurricane and all the electricity is knocked out, all the lights are out and what you see in the heavens is so spectacular you can forget what you're doing and watch for hours. I can't seem to justify the big bang theory with everything that's visible it's so thick with stars. Then if I start thinking about the millions of miles between those stars it just overwhelms me. Unfortunately?? we don't get that many hurricanes here. A telescope like yours would be very interesting to look through. Looks pretty powerful. Bet you get some great looks at the moon. With the new moon trips coming up you'll have plenty to look at I'm sure. Does the heater distort what you're looking at?

The heater is on only when I’m not there. The heat would distort the image. I leave it on just enough to prevent dew from condensing on the electronics. I turn it off as soon as I get in and rely on few heater strips on the optical tubes go stay dew free.

Twelve years before the mast...
A lesson in determination and perserverance.
And a great work of art.

Sorry to disappoint, but I have done little work on it for the past year. My workload as an orthopaedic surgeon and consultant has been overwhelming, plus I've devoted a lot of my spare time to geting my astronomical observatory up and running. I'll start again soon. Lou

Back