Cutty Sark

As a brand new member to the forums of Ships of Scale I am trying to find my way on the site, which will take som time, I think.
Actually I am building the 'Cutty Sark' out of the Sergal-collection.
I intend to place photographs of other models I have built the last 40 years, but first I need to understand how exactly the site works.

DSC_0593.JPG

The site works is simple, post a message in any subject, or start a build log in proper group depending on catagory.

When in doubt as a moderator or others for help.

Build logs are best way of showing what you have done, what your doing now, or if you need help posting photos and explain the issue and others will chime in with information that may help.

Use the search tool to see what others have posted under the word or ship name your looking into.

Hallo Zeestraat. Welcome on board of the SoS. I see you text and picture. So, first step is done. Hope te see more.
gards, Peter

Hallo Zeestraat. Welcome on board of the SoS. I see you text and picture. So, first step is done. Hope te see more.
Regards, Peter
Hallo Peter,
Dank voor je welkom, afgelopen zondag. Ik probeer hier de weg een beetje te vinden, maar dat valt me nog niet mee. Zo kan ik bij voorbeeld nog niet vinden hoe ik een 'build log' kan beginnen. Ik zou nl een antal stadia van mijn 'Cutty Sark' willen laten zien. Mocht je me in dezen op weg kunnen helpen, dan graag!
Hartelijke groet uit Muiden.

As a brand new member to the forums of Ships of Scale I am trying to find my way on the site, which will take som time, I think.
Actually I am building the 'Cutty Sark' out of the Sergal-collection.
I intend to place photographs of other models I have built the last 40 years, but first I need to understand how exactly the site works.

View attachment 290582
Time to build the mast bands for the belaying pins I suggest

Time to build the mast bands for the belaying pins I suggest
In the mean time I've built belaying pins around the masts (4 pins each, I hope that will do) and I solved the problem with the fixing of the boom to the mizzen. I deformed a gudgeon and I think the boom has found a comfortable restplace.
In the mean time I found out that the original 'CS' had a white painted boom and both gaffs. I visited her in 1973, the year that I started building my first kit: the 'Sirius' 1837, a Steingräber kit. I built her with a kitchen knife and a tube of glue (Bison)! So I'll change these items from black to white.
I know she sailed most of her carreer without the stuns'l sails, but I prepared them already and I'll them to the vessel.

078.JPG

In the mean time I've built belaying pins around the masts (4 pins each, I hope that will do) and I solved the problem with the fixing of the boom to the mizzen. I deformed a gudgeon and I think the boom has found a comfortable restplace.
In the mean time I found out that the original 'CS' had a white painted boom and both gaffs. I visited her in 1973, the year that I started building my first kit: the 'Sirius' 1837, a Steingräber kit. I built her with a kitchen knife and a tube of glue (Bison)! So I'll change these items from black to white.
I know she sailed most of her carreer without the stuns'l sails, but I prepared them already and I'll them to the vessel.

View attachment 292455
Hi Jan, you have probably noticed , the brass fittings supplied that’s supposed to have holes in them need to be re-drilled

Glad to find another build of the Cutty from Sergal being built. I'm building one too but it doesn't include mast rings for the belaying pins. What do you suppose is the reason for that? I had pin rings built and installed but then I realize that the plans call for pin racks on either side of the fore and main mast and no pin rings on the mast at all. Now I'm not sure what to do.

100_0014 (5).JPG

Back