Daves

Dave sometime ago you sent me a sample of a brown grained wood the name started with an H, i thickness sanded it off without logging it, I love the color, could you tell me the properties of this ie, how does it bend, sand etc thinking of using it for my deck planking on the Blandford. THANKS Don

sorry don I do not remember you will have to take a closeup picture of it. Maybe I can ID it
off hand the only wood I can think of is Holly and Hornbeam but both of those are white

Last edited:
Dave, here is the picture, by the way were you able to look at my MATTHEW build log to see if I am going in the right direction. THANKS Don

20190406_202804[4552].jpg

hi doc, the grain is pretty tight, I think the name started with an H or M Daves will let me know, he sent it as a sample for me to practice on my Lutherers best friend, love the way it works, wish I could afford a Byrnes or Proxon, but SS does not allow for much discretionary spending so I call it a poor mans Byrnes THICKNESS SANDER, very happy with it once it is set up it works well, maybe takes longer then the others but it gets the job done. THANKS Don

Hi Dave, Thanks for the info what is its properties of bending, cutting etc. and please take a look at my MATTHEW LOG just need to know if I am heading in the right direction. Don

Back