Deck Planking of Spanish Ships

I am looking at Brig and Frigate sized Spanish warships of the Napoleonic era and having trouble finding constructions details.

1) Any suggestions on books other than Navios de la Real Armada 1700-1860 by Perez, which I have, and Spanish essays on the internet on the main Spanish engineers (which I am attempting to translate)? It is amazing to read the comments of Spanish captains on experimental ship designs ... they are their own harshest critics.
2) Do the inner bulwarks of Spanish warships have spirketting?
3) Do they joggle deck planks?
4) Anything else you would care to emphasize to the individual familiar with English Royal Navy construction but not Spanish Royal Navy construction?
5) Was there a Spanish frigate with finer sailing qualities and military uses than the Spanish Diana?

I have a few things on order, like two books on the Spanish navel museum models and their Establishment rules (in Spanish).

Regards, and thanks for all the fish!

Also, any Spanish ship captured by the British will have had exquisitely detailed plans taken off of it, and the Admiralty seems to have kept all their paperwork. You can't get more accurate than a set of as-builts.

I took a look at:
andfound theat the HMS Amfitrite, AKA HMS Blanche was built by Spain. It is a well known ship, so there should be some details out there.
These are the docs of the HMS Blanche at the RMG:

j8109.jpg
Scale: 1:72? (graduated bar scale). A plan showing the body plan, sheer lines with inboard detail and figurehead, and longitudinal half-breadth for 'Amphitrite' (1804), a captured Spanish Frigate, prior to fitting as a 38-gun Fifth Rate Frigate. Note that this is a Spanish plan, showing the vessel under her Spanish name of 'Anfitrite' (1797). The vessel was later re-named 'Blanche' (1805) by Admiralty Order dated 3 December 1805.

But off course the original questions are not answered by this

I am looking at Brig and Frigate sized Spanish warships of the Napoleonic era and having trouble finding constructions details.

1) Any suggestions on books other than Navios de la Real Armada 1700-1860 by Perez, which I have, and Spanish essays on the internet on the main Spanish engineers (which I am attempting to translate)? It is amazing to read the comments of Spanish captains on experimental ship designs ... they are their own harshest critics.
2) Do the inner bulwarks of Spanish warships have spirketting?
3) Do they joggle deck planks?
4) Anything else you would care to emphasize to the individual familiar with English Royal Navy construction but not Spanish Royal Navy construction?
5) Was there a Spanish frigate with finer sailing qualities and military uses than the Spanish Diana?

I have a few things on order, like two books on the Spanish navel museum models and their Establishment rules (in Spanish).

Regards, and thanks for all the fish!
Hallo @Jeffrey Modell
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back