Dennis-Ft Collins

Just found this amazing resource a couple of months ago!

Been building a Model Shipways Bluenose for about 14 years! It’s hull and deck planked, deck furniture almost completed, and ready to stain and finish the deck, paint and glue down deck furniture, and on to building the masts! Pics to follow soon.

Welcome to the forums Dennis !
I just moved from Aurora. There is a great wood ship building club in Denver that I would recommend you look into if you are interested. They are quite active and have some very skilled members.
Rocky Mountain Shipwrights meet every third Saturday at Rockler Woodworking at 2553 South Colorado Denver CO. 303-782-0588
There is a couple other members from their club that are on here.
Tell them Jeff said hi. :)

Thanks Jeff for the info about the RM Shipwrights. Sounds like an interesting group. I don’t get to Denver that often now after commuting there daily for over 32 years. There was a modelers group here for a number of years that disbanded when Hobbytown left. I attended for a while when I could. Dennis

Dennis,

I'm at the border of Loveland/Berthoud. My build logs are below in my signature.

I've been to the RM Shipwrights once but with all my RV travel, I find it hard to attend the meetings in Denver. I may make one in Oct/Nov timeframe.

Your 14 year build, sounds like my 30 year build of the HMS Serapis. You'll be proud and happy when she's done!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

although it is a kit of another manufacturer, please take a look at the group build of the Bluenose in our forum.
you might find some information for your project, especially information about the real vessel

Just found this amazing resource a couple of months ago!

Been building a Model Shipways Bluenose for about 14 years! It’s hull and deck planked, deck furniture almost completed, and ready to stain and finish the deck, paint and glue down deck furniture, and on to building the masts! Pics to follow soon.
Ahoy Dennis! For being a landlocked state, there a quite a few of us shipbuilders here. I’ve been a member of the RMS group for a few years and it’s a very rewarding crew to be with. FoCo is a hike to South Denver, but we hope to see you every now and again.

Ahoy Dennis! For being a landlocked state, there a quite a few of us shipbuilders here. I’ve been a member of the RMS group for a few years and it’s a very rewarding crew to be with. FoCo is a hike to South Denver, but we hope to see you every now and again.
Thanks! …and there used to be a shipbuilding group here in FOCO but it disbanded when Hobbytown USA left the city. Perhaps I’ll make it to the Denver group in the future!

Howdy and welcome aboard from a fellow Ft. "Collinsian". LOL. From the replies I think we need a new boat builders group here! Also, are you saying the IPMS modelers are gone? I read recently they meet at the Budweiser Center. Oh well. Again, welcome.
Carl

Howdy and welcome aboard from a fellow Ft. "Collinsian". LOL. From the replies I think we need a new boat builders group here! Also, are you saying the IPMS modelers are gone? I read recently they meet at the Budweiser Center. Oh well. Again, welcome.
Carl
Not sure who the IPMS group is/was. I went several times to meetings in the basement of Hobbytown, perhaps that was their name.

Hi, Dennis: I'm also a Rocky Mountain Shipwright. We do have a couple of members in Greeley how venture down I-25 most months. Perhaps a car-pooling network might be in order. If interested, give me a PM and I'll supply their contact info.

I'm in South Loveland but we're usually on the road in our RV/mobile shipyard, Mar-Oct. I'll try and make meetings in Denver during the Nov-Feb time frame.

Hi, Dennis: I'm also a Rocky Mountain Shipwright. We do have a couple of members in Greeley how venture down I-25 most months. Perhaps a car-pooling network might be in order. If interested, give me a PM and I'll supply their contact info.
Martin…I used to work with a “Scott” with the same last name. Any relation? Dennis

Not sure who the IPMS group is/was. I went several times to meetings in the basement of Hobbytown, perhaps that was their name.
They're called High Plains Modelers. IPMS is International Plastic Modelers Society. And their website is still up.

Back