Does anyone have any contact info for Corel?

As I was reintroducing myself to all the parts of this long delayed HMS Victory kit from Corel... SM23... I noticed that a couple of the sheets of pressed sawdust parts are damaged (I can't think of another name for them... it looks like sawdust past that's been pressed in some sort of form to create pieces that you cut out to use for various trim parts on the kit).

I sent an email to info@corel-srl.it, which I found on their website. I also provided an Italian language translation of my message after the English content (courtesy of Google Translate). So far, no response. Crickets. Radio silence. All's quiet on the Italian front.

If I have to I can likely finesse the damaged parts into some sort of reasonable condition for use, but I'd prefer to have undamaged parts to begin with.

If any of you happen to have contact info for Corel that might work better than what I used, I'd be greatly appreciative if you could share it with me.

View attachment 432879

Hey there. You maybe mean that part. It's currently available for 3,5€ @Stefanoni Modellismo. Cheers!
Thank you. I checked out the site you provided the link to and I do see they stock all the various sheets of pieces, including the two sheets I need. So the good news is that for around $10, I can purchase the parts. The down side is that they don't sell or ship to addresses outside of Europe. So, back to trying to find an actual way to contact Corel themselves.

Last edited:
Hi, do surely have a try with Corel directly. If you dont' succeed in, I can buy those part and send them to you in a padded (bubble) envelope.
I already know those parts as I puchased that very plank in the photo bashing Corel's Victory main section in my 20s
Cheers!

Thank you for the kind offer. I accept, and I'll private message you here to work out the details.

Hello! I live very close to Milan where Corel has their workshop. To tell the truth they do not sell directly but can give assistance. If you need help please send me your request and I will do what I can. Once I visited their workshop and it was quite interesting since it is possible to see almost all kits professionally built.

Hello! I live very close to Milan where Corel has their workshop. To tell the truth they do not sell directly but can give assistance. If you need help please send me your request and I will do what I can. Once I visited their workshop and it was quite interesting since it is possible to see almost all kits professionally built.
Thank you for the assist. I'll PM you here with the details.

Cornwall Model Boats sell Coral parts. Actually, those parts you want, IMHO, are rubbish, you would be better off making your own from something like 1mm square brass strip. I abandoned my build before this stage. Anyone in the UK is welcome to it, as a part-built, but with collection only.

Cornwall Model Boats sell Coral parts. Actually, those parts you want, IMHO, are rubbish, you would be better off making your own from something like 1mm square brass strip. I abandoned my build before this stage. Anyone in the UK is welcome to it, as a part-built, but with collection only.
No argument that it's a crappy solution for those required parts. Most other manufacturers seem to have made those trim detail bits for the stern out of white metal castings or brass/bronze castings. However, the parts I need to replace are sections of grating and a bit of long decorative trim. If I had the equipment and the knowledge to do so, I'd be tempted to do 3D scans and reproduce them as 3D printed parts. But I'm stubborn and plan to grind my way through the build to completion, using the parts provided with the kit. I feel compelled to, as I completed the main mast cross section that Corel produces at the same scale (1:98)... so my goal is to have the cross section mounted in the same case as the full finished model. If I have to, I'll fabricate the parts from wood, as that's something I know I can do. Although I'm stubborn, I can also be somewhat lazy at times and hope to avoid fabricating them unless it becomes my last resort. And yes, I know from reading other threads here on the forum that their main mast x-section is far from accurate, but it's something I completed many decades ago. It's the same reason I purchased the full ship model of the Constitution from Mamoli after having completed the main mast cross section of that ship as well.

Update: I just got a response from Corel, and they've stated they're mailing the parts to me by the end of this week. Happy days!

...and a big thank you to all of you who offered to assist me with this endeavour.

Case closed. :)

Back