Does anyone know where to get P&K brass?

My M.S. Bluenose MS2130 did not come with nearly enough of the flat brass strips, 1/64 x 1/16. The only product I’ve seen is P&K Precision Metals # 815020. I managed to find 1 package at my local Hobby Hobby by searching through 2 bins for 30 minutes. @PT-2 watch your use of the brass strips. Even with the extra package I managed to find I still did not have enough and ended up using wire snips to split 1/64 x 1/8 strips, yes I actually did that. image.jpg

at 1/64 thick you can use a balsa stripper to make those strips it is much easier. got see if hobby shop carries a Master Airscrew Balsa Stripper

Went directly to their website and looks like they no longer carry this??? Perhaps someone has a small metal shear and is willing to cut 1/64 sheet into 1/16 strips? Seems a bit ridiculous that the Model Shipways kit did not have enough material. I’ve also run out of the .008 black while doing the rat lines. Black thread was a reasonable replacement.

Usually at least in my area any of my local hardware stores have a nice display of brass from them including a wide array of brass tubes.
If they have any 1/64 x 1/16 I will happily send you $$ to get it. Next time you’re there can you please check? I’m down to splitting this last piece if necessary. :eek: image.jpg

I use a steel rule and sharp #11 blade to score cut thin brass sheet you can clamp it to your work bench edge for greater holding power since your splitting tiny strips its probably best. light scores on each pass yields the best results with the least amount of edge crush.

My M.S. Bluenose MS2130 did not come with nearly enough of the flat brass strips, 1/64 x 1/16. The only product I’ve seen is P&K Precision Metals # 815020. I managed to find 1 package at my local Hobby Hobby by searching through 2 bins for 30 minutes. @PT-2 watch your use of the brass strips. Even with the extra package I managed to find I still did not have enough and ended up using wire snips to split 1/64 x 1/8 strips, yes I actually did that. View attachment 194539
Splitting the small strip in down is real determination. Thanks for the warning. I'll go on line to find the source and order some as our local Hobby Lobby is very sparce on this type of materials. That is a nice looking cabin beneath your hand in the photo. Rich PT-2)

I got lucky after ordering the 1 inch to split the 1/16 inch second try was in stock. .. we'll see if it arrives. Thanks for the leads. Rich (PT-2)
I took some liberties with my cabin build, the port holes are from Australia, have actual glass in them.
If you are able to get the brass strips can you please order me a few pack I will happily etransfer $$ or let me know if they have online ordering. I messed up most of the time with the strips due to drill bit slip. Use a small punch to set your hole and you will hopefully have less waste. A small nail will due. Did this way too late...even with less waste there is still not enough brass IMHO.

Back