Don from Dallas Texas area

I am retired and my wife says i need something to keep me busy. Never built any wood models, several plastic cars when i was young. Need some general info, best place to buy, some of the best retailers, i’m thinking something in the $100 range to start. One name that popped up and looked like quality models was Ingermanland? Any thoughts, advice, do’s and dont’s. Thanks

Welcome aboard. I agree with zoly. Model expo is where you want to start. They have some great "starter" kits in the price range you are looking for. THey are also a great company to do business with. The only other company that comes to mind for some nice entry level kits is Bluejacket Ship Crafters. Many of their offerings are solid hull models that require some basic shaping to complete the hull , then adding the details and rigging - a good way to get yout feet wet.

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE, ANOTHER GOOD ONE FOR NOVICES IS MIDWEST THEY HAVE A LOT OF INTERESTING BUILDS, PLUS THERE INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE BEST FOR NOVICES, and ther models are interesting to build, unfortunatly they stopped producing these, but you can find a lot on E BAY UNDER WOODEN SHIPS, and you can get them well under $100.00, to me and others the intructions and plans are THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS FOR A GOOD BUILD, JUST MY 5 CENTS GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Donj

I am retired and my wife says i need something to keep me busy. Never built any wood models, several plastic cars when i was young. Need some general info, best place to buy, some of the best retailers, i’m thinking something in the $100 range to start. One name that popped up and looked like quality models was Ingermanland? Any thoughts, advice, do’s and dont’s. Thanks
Hallo Don,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome, I also think that Ingermanland from ZHL, is a very difficult building to start with, expensive it is too, but, it is your choice, good luck,

Hallo @glockexe ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

glockexe
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Birthday-Cake
Wishing you lots of happiness and lots of modelsShip-1

Back