Drilling

Anyone know some good jigs for drilling holes spaced evenly and centered ?
Drilling Tip Always back up your wood on the back where the drill comes out with a piece of wood to prevent splintering .

Well, I use a Microlux mini Drill press and it has a nice X-Y table that I bought to go along with it. (also a vice that mounts in the jaws of the X-Y Table) You then have micro adjustments that you can make left-right or forward-backward and you can keep your drilled holes in a perfect line.

see this post that has picture

http://www.shipsofscale.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23

I like Microlux That's a nice accurate drill press you got the higher quality one . I am wondering how it compares with Proxxon or if it is the same thing basically just made for Micro mark ! That is good to know it works !

I think they are made by a diff company - but I cannot verify that. I do think they are one in the same though. May have the same motor. What I like about mine is that it has almost 0 RPM to extremely fast. So, if you are drilling through some very sensitive stuff, this is the one b/c I like the very slow RPM - no joke - it will start to turn at less than 1 RPM. It also has a digital readout that is a diff model upgrade.

Donnie

You will not regret the Microlux model.

Made by Proxxon I believe to much alike and mentioned on the web site as similar to proxxon .That's what I call variable speed ! The Proxxon saw also starts at Zero and acts like a real table saw in minature not just a cheap piece of junk but a high quality machine .

I don't think you will go wrong with either one. I would make sure the proxxon has that X-Y table - that is a good thing to have which I found (the X-Y Table) to be used much more than I thought.

Back