Drills in UK

For those of us in the UK, Lidl have these precision drill sets for not much money, on sale now.

Apologies for the crummy mobile phone pictures and trashed packaging, I just wanted to get the info out there whilst they are in the shops.

If anyone missed them and wants a set PM me and I'll see if we still have stock locally, They did have loads earlier this week.

I have shown a 50p for scale

20220125_152934.jpg20220125_152824.jpg

For those of us in the UK, Lidl have these precision drill sets for not much money, on sale now.
Please be aware, that those types of drill bits are designed and suitable for PCB (printed circuit boards). Such drill bits are primarily used in automated machines and CNCs. To drill holes in the board efficiently they have specific sharpening with a point angle of 130 degrees.

1643487527179.png

While they are relatively cheap, they are not designed for wood and metal. I personally used them on many occasions, and not happy. For our purpoce we should use machinist type of drills, IMHO.

This chap sells micro drills at a good price on ebay. Check through his pages as he provides them in various sizes.

Apologies for the crummy mobile phone pictures and trashed packaging, I just wanted to get the info out there whilst they are in the shops.

If anyone missed them and wants a set PM me and I'll see if we still have stock locally, They did have loads earlier this week.

I have shown a 50p for scale

View attachment 287187View attachment 287186
Hallo @Buster
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy birthday as well if we don't know each other, here in Italy i never found those drill in Lidl :mad:
i went to my model store and both it from him (in gauge and not millimeters ahahahahahaha but with my caliber i solve as well this)

Happy birthday as well if we don't know each other, here in Italy i never found those drill in Lidl :mad:
i went to my model store and both it from him (in gauge and not millimeters ahahahahahaha but with my caliber i solve as well this)
Thanks Maurizio, unfortunately items like these are only for sale in a very short window

Back