Dry-Dock Models & Parts Dry-Dock Models & Parts is open for business

Zoly, I wonder what diameter it is on the head of the nails, the nails themselves are 0.3 - 0.5 - 0.6mm, nice price BDW.

Thanks for the straight answer Zoly, I'll probably use (some) of these later, regards-

Hello folks!!

Ebony blocks and deadeyes are in stock

View attachment 231937View attachment 231938View attachment 231939View attachment 231940
Hi Zoly--

Beautiful! Those ebony blocks and deadeyes look great! I am reminded of a Mamoli kit I got years ago. I think it was the Gretel (which, unfortunately, I botched up). The nails were flat black and looked great. After disposing my ruined hull I did keep the wood and the fittings. I wish I knew where those black nails were. Using them to fix the final planking to a ship model, with black heads, would look like ebony tree nails.

Andy from Kenosha

I have been using black, round head, steel nails from the model railroad hobby suppliers. They are 1/32 diameter and 1/2 inch long. They work extremely well for holding planks on, and if you want to extract them later just don't pound them in all the way. They can also be cut on an angle to create a new point if you find then too long for your application.

Hello guys, I just let you know that the website is open for business, Pearwood blocks are in stock.

Just added the link to my vasa build bookmark. I bought the DeAgostini kit by subscription and have just now begun the build. I have no clue about the quality of their wood.

Zoly: What are shipping costs to the US? Say, for an order of 6 packs of pear blocks and 6 packs of ebony deadeyes? Just curious!
Hi Doc

The shipping is $10,I looked up my records and the smallest order 2-3 bags and the biggest ordee 30 bags of blocks to Us the shipping was about the same ,these blocks are very light and I ship them bubble mailers,you can test it on my site ,add products in the cart,go to checkout and fil in your address,it will show the shipping fees,just do not complete the purchase .

Back