Dumas SC -1 Sub Chaser 1/35

There is a term in wood frame building called “fairing” which means to sand edges at bevel needed to allow maximum contact with planks.

Not sure if this step is talked about in instructions.

Fairing is flat in center and gets more angled as you go towards narrow ends in fore and aft directions

Kurt

There is a term in wood frame building called “fairing” which means to sand edges at bevel needed to allow maximum contact with planks.

Not sure if this step is talked about in instructions.

Fairing is flat in center and gets more angled as you go towards narrow ends in fore and aft directions

Kurt
I see no mention of fairing in the instructions but I suppose I should of known that makes perfect sense . Just going to have to figure out how to fix this .

I see no mention of fairing in the instructions but I suppose I should of known that makes perfect sense . Just going to have to figure out how to fix this .
Probably easier and better in the long run to just pull off the planks, sand your bulkheads and then put the planks back on.

Granddaughters enjoying the snow .
IMG-20210102-141659566.jpg

It was suggested that I start a build log for this ship so here goes . A few of my good friends bought this for me they enjoy seeing me build ships , this is my first wood build all my other ships were in plastic .
IMG_20201120_162037059.jpg
Hallo @LEGION 12
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back