Dutch yacht ___Prince of orange____Restoration

Such restorations work requires lots of patience and skill. You doing a great job! :)

Jim and to all others who have replied thank for your kind words really I didn't want to reveal but I am on oxygen 15 hours a day and a bit limited in what I can do but there are others out there worse off than me, time is not on my side now maybe you can see why I'm a little impatient. Someone has put me in touch with a dealer here in the UK who has some items that I'm needing so hopefully that will save some time but on both forums I don't think I will receive the answers that I seek still a few days away from that point.

Regards

Henry x

This is from the Book " Risse von Schiffen ..." by Hoeckel. I hope that helps.

B (1).jpgB (2).jpgB (3).jpgB (4).jpgB (5).jpgB (6).jpgB (7).jpg

Ara
Many thanks for posting the plan of the d'oro, Brandenburg yacht or brandembourg, which ever built in Germany ( Kohlberg 1678-79 like the book say's still to receive my copy) however which I will explain later. I should really also explain for 75years I was involved in aircraft both real and models and the 5 years before that I was learning to walk and talk so I hope you will all forgive me when I don't know the name of all parts of a ship. Getting back to the model this is only the third model I have seen namely that of one of the sails the others von Bremen, the one I have and the other which I posted under the post German state yachts. So I think regarding the info the seek I'm getting closer.

Regards

Henry x

Ara
Let me first say I still have not received the book it is still in the post I have received a reply which really explains all from another forum.
I really thank you for posting what you did after all that's what I asked for and would appear I have wasted my money. Due to the reply I received and from other sources there is nothing in the book that refers to Amati what you have posted "the great yacht" was made into a kit by COREL but i think you already knew that,the link you posted not really sure where you are going I think i have a better drawing of that in my computer and with respect I have the model in my hand and it's nothing like that in your link I suggest the model I have goes back to the late20s or early 30s in 1940 there was a war on and I think a model ship would be the last think on anyone's mind let alone Amati.

Regards

Henry x

I know this will be strange to some of you seeing a build log for a kit which has already been built myself with your help i'm hoping to restore it. Being new to the forum i will have to learn to send photo's i have quite a few but they will have to be resized for the purpose of posting so i will try to start if successful will post more tomorrow.
Henry x

View attachment 218468View attachment 218468View attachment 218469View attachment 218470View attachment 218471View attachment 218472View attachment 218473View attachment 218474View attachment 218475View attachment 218476View attachment 218477
Hallo @Henry x
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Uwek
Many thanks for your birthday wishes, have now handed it over to my son thinking he will make a better job than me. Which leaves me free to continue my build of the Dutch herring bus with CANNONS. Wait for the shock, but before that I really need to finish a little aero modelling
experiment.

Regards
Henry x

Back