Easy threadind blocks

You don't split tiny 2mm blocks with this? I just use tiny micro drill bits on the archimedes drill on those and thread them with standard wire needle threaders. It's a two step process, but I don't waste those nice Falkonet blocks by breaking them into useless wood chunks.

At the drug store close to the toothpaste you can find Gun flossing hoops which I use to thread line through blocks. You push the stiff end through the block, put the line through the loop and pull on the stiff end as the line goes throughIMG_2253.JPG the block. Won't work too well for 2 mm blocks, though. For them, the best way I've found is a little CA applied to the end if the line so only one thickness needs to go through the block.

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

At the drug store close to the toothpaste you can find Gun flossing hoops which I use to thread line through blocks. You push the stiff end through the block, put the line through the loop and pull on the stiff end as the line goes throughView attachment 105600 the block. Won't work too well for 2 mm blocks, though. For them, the best way I've found is a little CA applied to the end if the line so only one thickness needs to go through the block.
Very good idea ..... will give it a try

I did not think of using CA glue to make a needle end of the "thread" through the block but instead use some Titebond original wood glue on my finger, being water soluble is easier to clean off. Not as fast as CA possibly but it works for my pace. PT-2

Very good idea ..... will give it a try
I did not think of using CA glue to make a needle end of the "thread" through the block but instead use some Titebond original wood glue on my finger, being water soluble is easier to clean off. Not as fast as CA possibly but it works for my pace. PT-2