Endeavor tandem build

Well I am finally ready to start on my Occr Endeavour and the Mini kit at the same time. I have never built on such a small scale. As I build the larger Endeavour I will attempt to include the same details on the mini kit. After reviewing the mini kit materials I see this will be a scratch build project for the details I want to include. I will be using "Anatomy of a ship" book to add detail.

I have already started on the occ kit. I have framed up the hull and have started to lay decking. I have had drilled and treenailed the lower deck. I used bass wood strips and a draw plate to create the size tree nail I want. I will start to included pictures soon. I'm sure I will need some advise on adding small details to the mini kit.

Interesting project you are starting here!
If we compare the photos of the two models on the cover of the kits, they are looking like two different ships ;)
So I am pretty sure, that you have a lot of kit bashing and scratch building to do. Good Luck.
I will follow with big interest

Good to see some sawdust on the table - :cool:

Spent the day building the main hatch. The plans called to use lime wood strips then stain them. Into my magic box of woods and used walnut instead. Also the rings provided were way out of scale so I used a smaller ring for the lid pulls.

I'm a little disappointed with the material provided with the occr kit. With the price paid I would expect a better quality laser cut wood than what is provided. Directions indicated using a whit wood material and requiring a stain to be applied. The pieces should have been cut with a dark wood as is the case with other pieces in the kit.

Hi Dave. Here you frustration\disapointments, but isn't a challenge is part of our hobby? I am sure you will find a workaround. If you have your own stash of scrap wood you can substitute, nut yea...it would be nice if kit manufactures supply Pear and Boxwood for their kits. ;)

Back