Eppleton Hall Paddle Tug, 1914 - New 1/144th resin kit from NeOmega UK

Great looking model. We would love to know more details about this kit. How many parts are in this kit, what material are they made? Can you make a kit review or at least an open box review?

It's a 220mm long resin kit. Parts as shown below. The hull is split at the waterline, and the etch sheet has an etch for both full hull and waterline paddle wheels included. It depicts the boat in it's working configuration with the open wheelhouse. It had an enclosed wheelhouse and an extra rear mast added for it's transatlantic epic trip to San Francisco Maritime Museum, where it now lives awaiting more restoration.

The kit also has a name decal sheet, and it is recommended that the letters are cut individually and applied over the cast raised bow letters if you don't want to paint them. This vessel can be done in one of it's three owners liveries too. Plenty of scope for making a proper dirty looking hard working tugboat here!

Just ignore the etch nameplate, the typo was not caught in time :rolleyes:

IMG_1479.jpgIMG_1484.jpgIMG_1485.jpg_MG_3736.jpg_MG_3752.jpg_MG_3750.jpg_MG_3751.jpg

This is a very interesting kit and close a gap in the market in this scale.... Great looking details
Many Thanks for providing these information to us

This is a very interesting kit and close a gap in the market in this scale.... Great looking details
Many Thanks for providing these information to us
Yes, Paddlers are somewhat overlooked, or people just don't like them, rather like biplanes! Maybe I'll find out ;)

I have alway admired paddle wheelers. The details on this look great for a boat so small. I have never made a non-wood kit. And this one is so small!! How is building this different from a wooden kit - glues, paints, etc.. And for something so small and detailed, I wonder if I can manage the assembly at my age :)

NeOmega UK have release their new 1/144th scale full resin and etch kit of the old Tyne paddle tug Eppleton Hall. Features a large etch brass sheet and a name decal. The kit can be made as waterline or full hull.
Hallo @Neomega UK
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
BTW: Do you have a new development you are working on?

Back