Fast Response Cutter

The mast has several lights in three colors. Red Green Yellow and White/Clear.

The Dumas lights are not correct of course and are too large.

I made upper and lower parts for the new lamps out of styrene discs. The lenses are castings out of epoxy that I tinted. I made a change to clear from the white lenses. I think it looks better.

IMG_4114.jpeg

IMG_4111.jpeg

IMG_4106.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg

IMG_4107.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg

IMG_4112.jpeg

After a long time sanding on the mast it was finally time to paint it. My airbrush was handy for doing this. It took 5 light coats to get it covered.

One of the prominent features of the mast is all the cables that you can see. There are cable trays that run up each side of the mast. There are a lot of them going to all the antennas and lights and some things that I don’t recognize.

I made some small hoops to hold the wires to the mast arms. Apparently there were different ways of wire management from mast to mast. In order to set the loops I made a fixture to hold them. My old hands are not steady enough anymore.

I knew that I needed to work on the mast upside down so I made a fixture to hold it. This was a good thing to do as I needed to twist and turn the thing to get to the places I needed to work on.

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4085.jpeg

IMG_4082.jpeg
Got a little carried away with the frame. When you get good joints use them.
IMG_4086.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg

Last edited:
Back