Figureheads

I gave it one more shot and I'm satisfied with it. I figured if I went with a CNC one it would stand out like a cut diamond in a gravel pit so now the figurehead is about the same quality as the rest of the ship. I also noticed that a lot of the real ones are kinda rough. They're not perfect like CNC stuff. Anyway, that's all my excuses. :)

IMG_0280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave it one more shot and I'm satisfied with it. I figured if I went with a CNC one it would stand out like a cut diamond in a gravel pit so now the figurehead is about the same quality as the rest of the ship. I also noticed that a lot of the real ones are kinda rough. They're not perfect like CNC stuff. Anyway, that's all my excuses. :)

View attachment 334058
Hi Don,
!00% better.
That is really looking like an old ship Figurehead.
Well done sir, great work.

Thank you for all the likes. I wasn't expecting that. Quite often when we were camping, I would sit by the fire and whittle birds and animals. They went OK but the human figure was always very difficult for me and at this scale eyes are virtually impossible. As long as you don't look too closely it will pass. Carrying the dress down the stem was an afterthought that I was really pleased with. Wood filler is my friend :) Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Back