Fiona

To the people on the east coast, like myself, God speed. The wind is horrible and lots of power lines down.
I wonder how the Bluenose is doing.

Hey Jack, a monster hurricane here that was as scary as heck through the night and early hours this morning. The lowest ever barometric pressure on land in Canada at 931mb. Lots of local damage locally but far worse up in Cape Breton and for the Newfies (Newfoundlanders) especially along their coast. The storm surge in Port Aux Basques swept some houses out to sea, it’s a terrible mess.

We were to the west of the track and landfall so not too bad, we have large trees down but our house is ok. We had power restored an hour ago, which pleased and surprised us.

So back to model building in a day or two after the cleanup .

II HAVE GONE THROUGH SO MANY HURICANES TO MANY TO COUNT FROM 1950 TO 2002 WHEN MOVED, JUST HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PREPARE THEY WERE BACK BACK IN THE 60S BUT OH SO MUCH WORSE TODAY, LIVED IN MIAMI FROM 1950 UNTIL WE MOVED SO I KNOW THE FEELING IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS ALWAYS AT NIGHT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hey Jack, a monster hurricane here that was as scary as heck through the night and early hours this morning. The lowest ever barometric pressure on land in Canada at 931mb. Lots of local damage locally but far worse up in Cape Breton and for the Newfies (Newfoundlanders) especially along their coast. The storm surge in Port Aux Basques swept some houses out to sea, it’s a terrible mess.

We were to the west of the track and landfall so not too bad, we have large trees down but our house is ok. We had power restored an hour ago, which pleased and surprised us.

So back to model building in a day or two after the cleanup .
what a mess. I saw those images of Port aux Basques as well as those on CBI. Terrible.

II HAVE GONE THROUGH SO MANY HURICANES TO MANY TO COUNT FROM 1950 TO 2002 WHEN MOVED, JUST HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PREPARE THEY WERE BACK BACK IN THE 60S BUT OH SO MUCH WORSE TODAY, LIVED IN MIAMI FROM 1950 UNTIL WE MOVED SO I KNOW THE FEELING IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS ALWAYS AT NIGHT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
That's an interesting observation. I didn't realize that.

Hey Don,

Over many years I used to think how difficult it must be living with the worry of regular inbound hurricanes, as you have. In Nova Scotia we get hurricanes but the colder waters tend to decrease the direct impacts. Yes, we do get hurricanes but tolerate them like winter Nor’easters because they tend to be Cat 1 and very rarely Cat 2.

This monster came roaring in just off the coast as Cat 3 then went cyclone but that is just a name. The impact has been devastating to us in the Maritimes. We try to prepare like you guys do but heck this is Canada! We expect snow storms and blizzards not this stuff. So when people say there’s no such thing as global warming then I say and respond ……. well, that’s probably too rude for this site :oops:.

Lots of cleanup here today, which will take a while.

Hey Don.
I lived in Miami in the 60’s. I remember sitting through hurricane’s Donna, Cleo and Betsy before moving to the west coast of Florida. I agree. They always seem to hit at night.

Bill

Back