Foot pedal oscillates drill-press sanding drum

Things can be simple, seen a video of the use of your drill-press as a sanding drum

great idea when you don't have a sanding drum and don't want to buy one. But there was a problem with this setup. It wasn't oscillating!

I found in fine woodworking this picture and it seems that the problem is solved. You keep both hands free to hold your workpiece.

oscillerende drill-press.jpg
So you can guess what my next tool I will make will be.

Las cosas pueden ser simples, vea un video del uso de su taladro de columna como tambor de lijado

gran idea cuando no tienes un tambor de lijado y no quieres comprar uno. Pero había un problema con esta configuración. ¡No estaba oscilando!

Encontré en carpintería fina esta foto y parece que el problema está solucionado. Mantiene ambas manos libres para sostener su pieza de trabajo.

View attachment 348363
Así que pueden adivinar cuál será mi próxima herramienta que haré.
¿Cuando dices que vas a hacer el taladro, te refieres a toda la máquina o solo a ponerle las modificaciones que nos cuentas,,?

The pass 2 days I was working on my oscillating drill press spindle sander.
It just need some modifications on the foot pedal (slips sometimes away). But it does the job and I'm happy with it. Gonna use it a lot.

IMG_3088.JPG
The part above is simple to remove by a screw. I needed something with a short arm, a long arm would give the pedal short movements.

IMG_3089.JPGIMG_3090.JPG
Dust collection hole

IMG_3091.JPG

A simple solution, no fancy stuff needed to move the drill press up and down and still keep both hands free.

But I'm still thinking to use a car wind shield motor to attached to the arm. But only if I find one on the second hand market for a few Euro's.
For me it is a sport to keep things at low cost.

Back