Fresh out of the Hospital

Doctor told me to quit when I had my last heart attack. I wish I had stayed the course I went for a year and a half smoke free used vaping to do it, was vaping 0 nicotine juice after the first 6 months. I kept vaping till I was sure I was done and wasn't needing to do it anymore. had a bad week of work and ended up buying a pack and regret it. I'm sure smoking was a big factor to what I just went through so now I have more then just a heart issue to quit for My grandson told me at the hospital on Christmas morning He asked Santa to help me stop smoking so now its no longer about my wants, I have to quit for him no excuses.

LOL the wife would murder me and she could do it with my own gun since I take her shooting she has become pretty proficient with firearms. I feel a ton better if I could just get my voice back now it would be great. I have much make up time to do with the Grandson. I missed much of the Firearms season for hunting this year I have this weekend ahead to get out in the woods and that will be it for me this year till Spring Turkey season. One good thing that came out of all this is I am now back to vaping and in the last 2 weeks I have not had a single cigarette.
Joe, I need you to talk to my crazy other half in regard to the vaping thing! I took on vaping 3 years ago and haven't looked back. (darn smokes still smell good when they are first lit though). This Christmas I got my son a nice mod and atomizer and he's taking to it really well. Vaping to me has saved my life and it was quite common for a bad cold to last a month when I was smoking, especially the filled lungs! I'm saddened to hear you had to spend Christmas in the hospital but very happy to hear you're out :) Welcome home!
Ron

Vaping is the best way to quit smoking IMO I started the first time at 12mg of nicotine and worked my way down to 3mg from there I had to buy 0 nic juice and add nicotine myself I dropped to .5mg nicotine and was able to go to vaping 0 nicotine from there. I loved it so much I invented my own Mod, I am Owner and Builder of the Noah Modz Brand of vape mods. I built and sold VV,VW and FET devices, I sold them all over the world. I was just about ready to fully quit my job when my mods were copied in china it also happened to be the same time the FDA stepped in with all the ridiculous regulations. The regulations coupled with chinas ability to make them for pennies meant I could no longer dedicate the time needed to a full blown operation. I shut it down, but I made and sold 5,372 mods total I banked that money into an account for my Grandsons college fund every penny. below are the mods I used to make some were 3D printed 1011256_476767202464929_7176565689645696706_n.jpg1521830_476767132464936_2153937989798279259_n.jpg1920170_499602120181437_1389533314600788652_n.jpg10151353_476766675798315_6767537024718905842_n.jpg10408790_476767385798244_1214090825595354246_n.jpg10441156_476767285798254_8648322623053279007_n.jpg10451139_476766872464962_6306439784905445588_n.jpg10645158_476766735798309_3795349125908422902_n.jpg10659240_483197185155264_1938121756170571410_n.jpg10849858_509363769205272_1412750540827966671_n.jpg10857719_509522769189372_2885589231129561527_n.jpg10868153_509522642522718_2833980146702221101_n.jpg10906411_522552684553047_681916136852464300_n.jpg

Joe, that's one heck of a beautiful collection you have created! Hammond must have really liked you! The thing with the Chinese mods (and most folks only see shiny, does everything but give birth and cheap) is that they give out in under a year and warranties are nearly non existant. I would kill for a simple mod with a mil spec firing switch, short protection and sub ohm capability that I can possibly fix myself instead of just tossing it. I still use about 4mg /ml
but that is gonna go down soon :) Sorry your designs were stolen. At least you did some great things as your Grandson has a future ensured and many, many folks have kicked a nasty habit with your designs even if they were ripped off. Still sucks tho....
Ron

My boxes are still being used 6 years after I fit created them I had about a dozen returns for switch issues which I rectified by buying a higher rated switch. My mods has reverse polarity protection over current protection they could all vape down to .3 ohms except the fet box which could go down to .1 I used a ton of Hammond boxes till I bought a 3D printer my builds were the 60 and 120 watt regulated raptor, the yihi 100W regulated and the fet box nine regulated would run to 700W power but required VTC5 batteries to handle the draw. The little display was to show remaining battery voltage on the fet box. And they had safety cut off switch inside so it wouldn't fire in your pocket Lifetime warranty on all my boxes to the original owner second owners could buy protection for life for $20

I found the best way to quit was my cardi telling me at 53 i was going to be back for another bypass in 3 years and probably die if I didn't quit!. cold turkeyed, 7 years later still no smokes ,never looked back!, Now I find the smell & thought revolting. Just have to solve the , now everything tastes good horizontal expansion challenge.

Paul my doctor told me I had to quit when I had two stents out in he told me I have 3 other arteries that are 70% blocked all internal to the heart which would require open heart surgery. I stopped smoking with the help of vaping but ended up smoking again. It's been pretty good for me as I haven't had a smoke since I went into the hospital, this time I plan on staying the course. It really would be nice to live long enough to see my grandson grow into a good young man at min.

i was trying to quit for years and I could not do it, when we moved to the country in KANSAS outside of Witchta, my daughter said I could not come into the main house to see my GRANDSONS, because of the smell and one of my GRANDSONS has asmah, so I tried the E cigarets, it worked and one day I just stoped period no E CIGARETS just cold turkey, 6 mos latter had a TRIPLE BY PASS AND A BLEEDING ULCER, HAVE NOT HAD A CIGARETE SINCE BEEN ALMOST 6 YEARS NOW, do not miss it at all, WHAT I DO MISS IS MY M&Ms, oh well. Don

The hardest thing for me and Quitting is my work is so stressful. I work on complicated AC and DC electrical and electronic systems. I want to solve problems as fast as possible so cost is minimal to the customer. Once I move past my second hour on a job my mind goes crazy trying to figure things out. I hold myself to a very high standard and that's a problem I cant get past for some reason. I see fellow techs take days on things and I just don't like it IMO it says to Mr. Customer Maybe he doesn't have the best man for the job on site.

What doesn't help is my standing in the company I work for and the industry here in the US I am in the top 3 tech in the state, top tech at my company and top 10 nationwide according to industry newsletter. Its nice to be recognized for good work, but I'm not really about all the statistic garbage and I feel it heaps undue stress on people to remain at a high level of competence. I do nothing special in my eyes I simply do my job. I read and research new systems ahead of coming to market so I have a grasp of the systems when they come out. Anyone can do the same thing it isn't something special. I take any and all training I can get, some that takes me away from home for several weeks. still something anyone can do and nothing special.

I just think a Customer should get what he or she pays for. Some fellow works just don't care don't take any training and just float through each job, I just cant do that. As a result I stay stressed out while at work and I drag that stress home with me until I relax doing my hobbies, but I've always got something work related in the back of my head and I cant shake it no matter what I do. I wish I could retire now, unfortunately I have at least 10-15 more years to go and the way the world is going maybe even 20. I will remain a non smoker this time I have a little boy I love dearly who needs his Grandpa, no other Males in his life are positive role models. I'm committed to this no excuses

Last edited:
The hardest thing for me and Quitting is my work is so stressful

back in the 1970s I worked in commercial art, at one point I worked designing product packaging to creating catalogs, posters worked for American greeting creating products. anyhow it was a back stabbing, cut throat, stressful environment. Day in day out the people in the studio where I worked went to the local bar and drank themselves stupid, the air thick with cigarette smoke, the smell of pot in the back room and out in the parking lot. If you were not part of the in crowd you were a target. I wore combat boots to work and had the mind set of a warrior on a mission. you can not do your best stoned or stupid drunk. this is not the place for me.
My thinking was and still is why hurt yourself for the sake of being accepted or trying to fit in or to hide from stress, confront it and beat it.
It comes down to a state of mind you do not have to hurt people or yourself being a badass just play the part. Don't poke a stick at me because you just don't know if it is a real badass or a fake one.
One time I was at a NRG conference in Philly PA walking back to the hotel where the conference was Ev and I were stopped in the lobby by people at the conference and we said oh we were just coming back from south Street. GASP oh god you went THERE? you know that is a crazy, wicked bad part of town. We said ya so what when you look like and act like a badass no one will bother you.

so what I am trying to say here is life is a state of mind smoking, eating junk food, vaping all nasty stuff and IT WILL NOT GET THE BEST OF ME. I am better than that.

by the way my brothers and I were badass bikers in the early days not to hurt anyone buy rather as a way to protect ourselves. People tend to back away and leave you alone. but the attitude is what kept us clean and sharp. brother Jim ended up as a cop.

someone once told me life is from the inside outward and not the other way around from the outside inward. Think about it

you say stress and a job causes you to hurt yourself not so my friend that is an illusion.

a sleeping man does not know he is dreaming until he awakens

Last edited:
Truth Brother I agree with this. We humans tend to push blame everywhere but where it truly belongs. You sound much the same as me with the acceptance thing. For me I had a look like I'd rip your head off and burn your house down so most folks didn't mess with me ever, not even crows of people. It was a good thing for many, I've been into Martial arts my whole life, hold a black sash in Wing Chun Kung Fu, Black belt in Kempo and a Black belt in Taekwondo I am also LINE trained from the Marine corp. as well as Knife fighting. Naturally I am an aggressive person, Martial arts was a way for my parents to settle me down a bit and help me used my head first and fists secondary. My Kung Fu training was done through a friend of my fathers who served in the army with him in Vietnam he grew up in China and immigrated to the states. Took 7 years of training to achieve that black sash. Oddly enough the black belt in Taekwondo was achieved in only 2 years and Kempo in 3.

Anyhow I plan to stick to this decision to not smoke again. I wish I had never started that nasty habit and I'm sure years of my life are now gone as a result

thou shal not bear false witness

so i was told to seek a path of rightness one must seek the truth. Problem is finding the truth is harder than you think.
People will lie to you out of self protection, out of profit or greed and 10,000 other reasons. In your lifetime you are faced with
the most skilled, finely crafterd most believable lies when it comes down to instant gratification and the pursuit of pleasure. Those are the
hardest lies to over come and they are told by you to yourself.
this is the last time
i won't do that again
someone made me do it
just one won't hurt
i can stop anytime i choose
it's stress
it's not me
next time for sure
i laid my head on the railroad track waiting on the double E, that train don't come by here no more, oh poor, poor pitiful me.
recognize and over come the lies then you can move forward in a positive way.

Back