From Europe? Getting Started: How to Purchase Plans / Materials"

No problem!
For members located in Europe who are be interested in this project but were wondering about lumber:
You now have an option to participate in a "semi kit style" construction of your canoe.

You will need: Lumber package + guide: 2 separate items

A pre-milled lumber package is made available by @bibigon (Sergey)

Due to limitation related to Sergey’s ability to ship lumber for the original canoe size, the vessel will be slightly shorter +- 17” instead of +- 19” (the shorter canoe is already an option available within the original construction guide). As a result, the official manual / guide is being updated to officially reflect the shorter version of the canoe. This updated version will also include metric measurements for your convenience.

This lumber package will include the following:
-Building base material. (Made out of pine wood)
-Station mold material (3 mm plywood)
-All milled Pear wood strips and sheet wood necessary to build the canoe.

The cost of the lumber package will be approximately 50 Euros including transaction fee (6% Paypal fee) and shipping within Europe (although final shipping cost is still to be confirmed, but it should not be much more). This price will include Shipping via regular mail so we do not know exactly what the delivery time will be. Expedited shipping will be available at extra cost (count on approximately 40 euros).

The cost of the Guide is CAN $ 19.95 (approximately 13 Euros) and is delivered as a pdf document ready for printing.

You may purchase the guide be contacting me through private messaging right here at SOS after joining the group build. From there I will send you the link to the "purchase and download" page.

I would like to personally thank Uwe for getting in touch with Sergey and initiating this option to really open the project to our European friends. You now have an official supplier for the lumber package (and it is PEAR wood so how much better can it get.

You may sign up to be part of the European contingent of this group project at anytime.
I am sorry to say that at this point I do not have a French version of the manual... maybe one day…

Thank you for considering this build.

G.

Although these were not built using pear wood, the link below should give all an idea as to what can be done:

Last edited:
Here is the review Uwe wrote for @bibigon (Sergey) in regards to lumber and more.

So I am sure you guys will as pleased using lumber from bibigon as the North American members using the Lumberyard.

G.

Last edited:
Many Thanks to Gilles for the organization and the willingness to adjust the manual - great "service" - and also many thanks to Sergey to offer this timber kit to a very reasonable price.
As mentioned already in our conversation during the preparation.
Count me in - I am happy to be the first "european" building the "pear"-version - maybe two sets.......

I would be happy to see more canoes also in Europe - or even pear versions from outside Europe.........

It will be an interesting new experience and we should never stop to learn something, especially with a 30 hours fun build - so also a good in-between project if you want to relax a little bit and you are already bored by 100 gunport lids or gun carriages.....

Back