• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Funniest AI Video Of Gun Handling

First off, here is the sidebar thumbnail. Really funny by itself and what caught my attention.

View attachment 639293

Here's the video:



The real fun starts at about 5:30.. Make sure you put your drinks down.

View attachment 639294

Here is a screen shot of a gun being loaded.ROTF
So they finally are showing the breech loading cannons of the 18th century British navy. It was a well kept secret. UNTIL NOW! :rolleyes:
 
First off, here is the sidebar thumbnail. Really funny by itself and what caught my attention.

View attachment 639293

Here's the video:



The real fun starts at about 5:30.. Make sure you put your drinks down.

View attachment 639294

Here is a screen shot of a gun being loaded.ROTF
So who was the chap looking in from outboard, through the gunpoint??
I don't object to AI creating images etc, but surely SOMEBODY could tell it that it had got it so very badly wrong!!!
 
Over the pst 50 years I was on her 5 times from fully mast and in many modes of restoration. Up there with the most memorable experiences I ever had ever. Event hough a lot of the AI is not perfect, the overall production captures the scale and life style on board. During the Nelson ira, The captain was about 6ft 4" tall and I'm only 5'5" I could never figure out how he could move about below decks. Perhaps he never ad to HA!
 
So who was the chap looking in from outboard, through the gunpoint??
I don't object to AI creating images etc, but surely SOMEBODY could tell it that it had got it so very badly wrong!!!
Gun ports doubleing as scuppers - that's a good 'un! Hi-capacity pumps too Exclamation-Mark ROTF AI creates more trouble than it's worth IMHO. When I first saw 'AI' , I read it as "A L" - lower case l - uppercase I - "Who's Al" I thought. Only just realised how misleading computor type script can be -O & 0 can also be confused on poor print outs. To me 'AI' meant ;'artificial insemination' , an afterthought- maybe more appropriate name :p
 
Last edited:
First off, here is the sidebar thumbnail. Really funny by itself and what caught my attention.

View attachment 639293

Here's the video:



The real fun starts at about 5:30.. Make sure you put your drinks down.

View attachment 639294

Here is a screen shot of a gun being loaded.ROTF
A fire rate of every 60 secs, is farsical, although 90 secs has been quoted, but for only a short period, it was more like 3 mins. What made the English faster was the use of flintlock firing, against the French & Spanish using slowmatch.
 
Back
Top