Gjoa 1/64 - Constructo

@Norway
I bought the Kit only because it was cheap. My first error ! It was a model only for testing. During the construcion the interest and the inthusiasm for the princess of the northwest passage grow up. Unfortunatley i didn´t paint the Gjoa in the orginal colors. For me it was to much for my skill at the beginning and i didn´t want to ruin the model.

@Uwek
Thank you. The construction was a "ganz schönes Herumgefluche". Finaly the result counts and erverything is forgotten.

Good attention to details that your first Constructo kit may not have covered very well. First builds are great learning experiences that you will carry forward to your next build and so on repeatedly. I think that it is not in what others see that was done or could have been done but what you recognize and as with all things improve with experience. I think that it is more important to rememer the "Don't do this (again)" things than the "Do This". The former is a shorter memory list but with greater end impacts. A challenge for me having sailed and raced dingys and crewed on my brother's two masted double ended Bristol criuser is that I tend to carry over hands on deck and line handling thoughts that kits may not consider or include due to scale.
Keep us posted on your next project as your tool gathering concept should serve you well.
I enjoyed your good photo coverage. Good christening outcome. PT-2

Back