Glue

Using Aleen's Tacky Glue. It's good but it sure is tacky. Does that glue you're using give you time to adjust the pieces you are joining?
Yes and no. The glue grabs yes, but before you apply pressure to set, you can adjust carefully. No matter the glue, the fibers of the card is now moist w/glue and can be easily damaged or distorted. Hope that helps. Gluing card is a acquired skill. You will apply accordingly and learn from mistakes. The biggest mistake is what you use to edge color. The watery it is, the more likely will distort. How does one keep from the starved rib look. I usually apply a broader copy paper strips to ribs. Then apply hull structure. Some times I use colored paper to avoid white showing at hull joints. Hope this helps.
Rick

I have been using Neocolor II water soluable wax pastels for years to edge color. It looks like a crayon and very easy to run along edges.To make it more perminent and set the color you can run a wet paintbrush over it. You can also mix colors by rubbing different crayons on a scrap paper and with a wet paintbrush mix any color you want. Only problem I have ever had is if you do not set the color it can run if the glue is to watery

Back